Chapter 4

I wonder what was happening inside? I just turned away and came here standing listlessly. I lifted my eyes towards the ceiling, I wonder if I would be able to help him get back.

Mr Mayer said Matthew was taking drugs without their knowledge, and the most shocking secret I discovered was that before meeting me he was diagnosed with drugs. But I was more curious to know the reason behind his actions, did he take drugs because of the desire to experience something like pleasure, or was it the influence of his friends?

I didn't even have any clue that he was a drugs addict before our encounter. But strangely I didn't saw any symptoms of him to be counted in that category.

It seems like Matthew have been fooling me for the past years of our friendship. So does it proved that our friendship was built on lies? Just how many lies did he sell me to purchase my trust? Now I wonder how lies he has been comforting me to bring me to smile. Just how many? Now I understand why things always wiggle wrong because he had never been honest with me. He will always smile when things get suspicious to handle and his smile will often set my heart to believe that nothing was wrong. Just why did you all this?

Looking around there was three female maid and two male servants standing at the corridor. Their expression speaks for themselves that they required sleep. But the things that brought a smile to my face was the worry in their eyes for Matthew. I am impressed by the concerns they are giving despite the violent treatment they received.

At least they don't despise Matthew.

But strangely for a while, I had this unpleasant feeling like someone was eying upon me. And there I saw the gazes I am receiving from a maid who was chatting something with her coworker. She looked younger than me, and maybe she was hired in the past two years or recently because I have never seen her around at that time.

I walked up to them.

" Excuse, do you know where the maid is? whose leg was injured." I said.

Their brows twisted and I figured them clenching their jaws. Am I hallucinating that they were against me or something? But I haven't met them in my entire life to give a bad impression of myself.

" What are you planning to do?"

" Oh! Nothing much, just to check up on her health since she was badly hurt."

" And why do you think we let you to her? Surely you want to boast around her on how you handle young master at your first arrival. For the past years, Lily failed to take care of the young master. Don't you ever think of succeeding because the young master will never adore you?"

So her name is Lily.

Hold on. This little brat just insulted me without no reason. How dare she? Young people are surely dumb and reckless, I guess I am letting it slipped away since I am conserving my energy to invest in useful sources, not unnecessary sources such as pointless fights.

" Grena, she is Mr Mayer's guest we can't be rude to her." Another maid said, pulling her friend's arm towards her side.

" So what??? I am not gonna tolerate her."

" Hey, you little brat! You should learn how to keep your temper at the limit if you wish to continue working. You might be dismissed by your employer, caring this much attitude. Aren't you too arrogant to behave when you didn't achieve anything great in your life? " I said, I do mean I will let it slipped. But I didn't plan on tolerating others frustration upon me. I don't have the will of excusing others ill-mannered because they were younger than me or what's so ever.