Chapter 2

💦💦💦

The water falling from the shower slide down my skin, I closed my eyes remembering the events of today. Matthew's eyes looking at me as if I was not more than a stranger make me feel vulnerable. Matthew's exhausted face was repeatedly playing over and over again, his face was shattered and worn out, and he has become very thin.

" Who are you?"

It is just only three words to slice my feelings into fragments. Just a simple words, it burns my body like a flaming fire. Some people are hurts by words, some by action, and some by betrayal. But the greatest hurt is that when the person refused to know you who once claimed that you were another piece of his life.

Sometimes a single word hurt like anything that encourages you to vanish in a sec.
It counts just a single day to flipped my world upside down that I invest my whole life building it. Instead of worrying about myself I still wonder what Matthew will be doing now? Is he taking his medicine on time?

But comparing to what Mr Mayer had informed me, Matthew has not been cooperating.

The water stopped dripping when I turned the shower off, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself, pushing the door aside.

All of a sudden I heard my phone beeping over the table. I looked at the screen to see who it was remembering at the sleep hours. My eyes stretched to a large extent on seeing the caller's name. It was none other than Mr Mayer. I immediately tapped on the green button, and place it over my ear.

"Hello."

" Kiddo, where are you right now?"

My brows twisted, at this hours where was I supposed to be. In a club, Nah I wasn't in favour of the style of chilling myself in a suffocated area. After being abused by today's incident I don't have the will to go somewhere. His tone was something like the voice of a desperate person in need.

" At home, Mr Mayer. Am I supposed to be somewhere?"

" Thank God! You're at home Semerin. It will be such a headache if you aren't. Can you come over here? The situation is getting out of my control. , come quickly as fast as you can. "

Now, what on earth happened? It was nearly 10: 46 pm, and by regular routine, I am asleep by now. I don't like the idea of going outside alone late at night, there are many chances that I might be attacked by someone. I don't have any hope to slide away to whoever was hiding inside the bushes of the night.

" Mr Mayer are you aware of the time?"

" It doesn't matter. You have to come right now, don't think of delaying the time."

I was about to make some comments when I heard a scream as desperate as pain tugging into its composition coming from the phone. I shriek back, catching my breath as fast as I can. The scream was again heard by me.

What's happening? I understand if Mr Mayer wants me to come badly for some urgent issues, but I didn't expect him to scream at me. That scream again I heard, it travels through my ear like thunderstorms, I realised that it wasn't Mr Mayer's voice. It was the voice of the person whom I don't want to hear.

Is it him?

" Mr Mayer, Is it Matthew? "

" Please come as quick as you can, I will explain things later on. Time is delicate, if the notable time slipped then the next thing we are going to lose will be none other than Matthew. "

Thousand of thoughts have transformed into innumerable anxieties. The anxiety weight heavier than my emotions that my resolve was blocked by my anxieties. Late at night, I wasn't expecting to hear any of that sort, I was done by experiencing the scene of today. What do I know that God was planning me to show more of the exhibition out of my will. Sadly even God was pushing things out of my permission.