Chapter 1

Accompanied by a maid, in a black dress. I walked behind her without uttering a single word, and her posture and manners were well defined. I looked around to my left and my right, those weird paintings have been removed.  I still remember the strange painting hanging over the wall. At that time Mr Mayer was quite fond of weird paintings that were out if my knowledge to understand the speciality residing in them.

I was never fond of those painting even though they cost millions to purchase. Decoding the painting was harder than Mathematics. If the money was in my management surely I will open a restaurant or a hospital, and it seems to be not a bad deal. But it is Mr Mayer's money, not mine that I have the right to restrict his expenses.

Some things never change even though time has passed smoothly. It's been two years that I haven't step foot in this Mansion. And getting the chance to come over again, gives me a nostalgic feeling. It was nothing like that I haven't tended to come here, I have many memories relating to this glamorous Mansion, I love this place not because it was pleasant to eyes, or for the feeling to feel like royalty residing in this place. It was because this place reminds me of someone special, the time we spent together here.

I went to pursue my studies, and hence I so much assumed in my studies that I didn't get the opportunity to come here. Sometimes I have this opportunity to drink a cup of tea with Mrs Mayer. But I couldn't find a good reason to come. Two years ago Matthew went to England for attaining his degree. And from there I lost all the contacts from him. He requested me to withdraw the attempt to reach him. An unpleasant emotion was crawling upon me when I heard those words from him.

Because that day I lost someone who treated me special. I didn't stop him either, because with what right should I stop him? And hence I let him go. I wonder if I should have stopped him. how he might be doing now?

Today Mr Mayer, Matthew's father requested an audience with me. By the proposal over the phone, it doesn't seem to be a pleasant request, Mr Mayer mentioned that it was a serious issue that he needed some help from me. But I don't get it. In what ways was I any use from him? Mr Mayer is the Principal of my College, and he had those commodities in his possession to live a luxurious life. Unlike me who has to sacrifice her meal to buy her favourite dress.

However the maid, lead me to stand some few inches from a wooden door, it was nicely furnished and a flower was engraved deep in its skin. She pushed the door after knocking over it three times. And there I saw Mr Mayer sipping his green tea, even though from a distance I was sure his drink was none other than green tea, because Mr Mayer has a great obsession with diet, and that's one of those parts that I disliked about him. Eating junk food in presence was like sinning.

I smiled and walked over to the floral sette. There was a medium-size glass table in the middle of the sette,  and the reflection of light was brimming bright. Mr Mayer hinted at me to take a seat, and so I plopped over sette opposite to him. Lines were curving near his eyes from a closer looks. He has sure aged after two years, but he was still handsome as ever, and Matthew inherited the facial features from him, but his personality was the polar opposite with Mr Mayer. Both of them have eyes as pale blue, their eyes weren't the ocean that you can drown in, instead, their eyes were so pale that when you peek into their eyes you will find something fading inside it, and something dreamy.

Having a good looking friend was always a problem, I didn't even ask God to give me such. I have to deal with his admirers who mistook me to be his girlfriend. Even though I wasn't, and yeah I was blessed with their cursing for an unreasonable reason.

" Good morning Mr Mayer, you seem pretty well since you're enjoying your tea very pleasantly."

He nodded, but something was strange about him, he was unusually silent, and his face was stern and more serious.