By the time I came out, I was in seemingly better spirits. I made my way back down, grabbing a banana on my way and entering the hall, where half my family was seated, eagerly talking about the upcoming wedding, which was still a month away, while Zara sat there all bored and furiosly typing away on her phone.

I threw the peel at her, then plopped down beside her and nudged her.

She looked up at me and threw her phone aside, excitement evident in her eyes as she eyed me with a glint,

"I'm getting married!"

I rolled my eyes, "Good riddence."

She, totally unaffected by my prude remark, leaned against my shoulder, seemingly in a dream as sh pulled me up,

"Let's go shopping."

And no one says no to the bride.

I should've said no.

Now, shopping for me is easy. But for indecisive species like my sisters, it was anything but easy.

And of course, we, in our right mind, didn't do just shopping, because Wareesha insisted (nagged, really) that we played a game while shopping. Which is downright stupid, I mean multitasking is one thing, but a game while shopping? Of all things a game that involved only dares? I was out of this.

Or so I thought.

They'd endlessly annoyed me to no extent, but I stayed put on my decision to not let them waver my strength. Call me coward or whatever,  dares suck.

That was until, I had no choice left.

"You either do the dare," Arisha leaned ahead, "or we won't have lunch."

I banged my head on the table. We were at a newly opened cafè, with cozy cute vintage couches, which was pretty close to our home. It was recently built, and had only a few costumers at that time, but it smelled amazing. Just like Baskin Robbins, that place always smells amazing.

Though home was just at a walkable distance, it was impossible for me to walk without having eaten something. I'd been walking for three to four hours straight, while bearing their nonsense, and I desperately needed to eat.

Yeah, I'd probably marry food.

So I lifted my head up, looked at them dead in the eye, then banged my head again,

"Why -"  bang   "-now of-"   bang   "-all-"  bang   "-times?"

And all they did was shrug. I groaned and slumped on the couch, throwing my hands up in frustration,

"Alright, what do I have to do?"

Wareesha squealed while Zara leaned ahead,

"Okay, it's simple. All you have to do is, throw soda, or water or anything really, on the next person who walks in through the doors"

I shot her a dumb look and sipped on my Coke,

"I'm not wasting my drink."

"We're not buying you food."

I kicked them under the table, but having no choice, I gave a short,curt nod, as we all trained our eyes on the entrance.

And when someone did enter, my eyes nearly bulged out and I choked on my own spit.

I usually exaggerate a lot, but this time, I only had two words,

"No way."

Because right there, ladies and gentlemen, was the guy.

I wouldn't call him hot, that's just indecent of me (cough, yea I'm decent, cough), but there was something about him that was instantly catchy, the kind of things you can't pry your eyes off, and even if you do, it was bound to stay on your mind for a long time.

In my case, for a lifetime maybe.

I rarely ever had crushes. And this guy, looked heartless enough to be my crush.

You know when you look at someone, and suddenly they're too...I don't know, they become crush material? Or whatever it is.

So instead of backing out (because who would throw a dark brown soda soft drink on their fresh-out-of-the-oven crush) I boldly, not much to anyone's surprise, took hold of my half empty Coca Cola can, and my way to him.

To make it seem more real, I took out my phone and started fake busying myself in it, and paused a few feet away from him to adjust my loosely-wrapped hijab on my head.

If I'm going to sin, then I'd want to look good while I do it. I mean, first impression is the last impression, yeah? Which is kind of very prejudiced, really. But that's a rant for another time.

So, squaring up my shoulders, I walked ahead.

And call it perfect timing, I bumped into him right when he turned around, making it seem as if it really was an accident, and I looked up, shocked.

I didn't really have to fake the shock, because this guy I tell you, his eyes were something else. The grey-green-blue-dark shade whatever it is, literally had me shocked, HOW CAN SOMEONE HAVE SO MANY COLOURS IN TWO ORBS WHAT IS THIS.

So I fumbled with my feet and words and looked away, the heat creeping up my cheeks.

Until he finally, finally,  said,

"What the heck."

Well, congratulations to me for messing up my entire life.