27

"You really paralyzed Cat Man's hands?"

I giggle at the nickname Sam adheres to T'Challa, shrugging lightly.

"To be honest, I have no idea how I did it" I respond, my eyes turning from the scenery flying past the car to engage in the conversation.

"Do you think you could do more than that?" Steve asks, his eyes turning to the review mirror to find mine.

"I hope so," I reply, giddiness breaking into my heart, "Is give anything to be able to do more with it than just kill"

We fall into a brief pause, allowing my thoughts to run rampant. I really do want to learn how to control these powers. If I were to be able to harness them, control them, I believe Clayton's hold over me would lessen.

At least I hope it would.

"Why don't you try it right now?" Bucky suggests suddenly. My eyes widen slightly.

"I don't know if that's the best idea," I begin, doing pouring through me at the thought of messing up and accidentally hurting someone.

"No, this is actually the first thing Barnes has said that I agree with" Sam interjects. Bucky rolls his eyes at the man.

"Thanks, man"

"Anytime"

I chuckle at the two, their petty feuding bringing substantial comedic relief to the tense situation.

"Alright then," I give in, looking around the car, "Any takers?"

Silence.

"If it makes me your hero, gorgeous, I'll do it" Sam finally says, breaking the bout of quietness. I roll my eyes playfully at his endless flirting, used to it by now.

"Of course you would" Bucky calls out with a roll of his eyes. I mentally prepare myself for the childish arguing to begin.

"You're just mad that I said it first" Sam shoots back. I watch amusedly, seeing Steve laugh in the driver's seat before me.

"I have half a mind to pick Steve now" I joke, only making the Captain laugh harder.

"Whatever" Sam and Bucky groan together, both of their eyes growing wide as they realize they've spoken in unison. A laugh breaks from my lips.

"Never speak of that" Sam grits, clenching his jaw.

"Alright Sam, lets do this" I state, turning in my seat slightly so that I'm more angled towards Sam. He stays facing forward, probably not wanting to watch it happen.

"If I hurt you, let me know" I hesitantly say, apprehension drawing within me. I take in a deep breath and decide to try and replicate the paralysis effect, this time only in his legs. My nerves are firing horribly, leaving my hands to tremble as I lift them cautiously.

"Here goes nothing" I murmur, eliciting the venom out.

It hovers in the air for a moment before I let my eyes flutter closed to concentrate and ease it into Sam's leg. It takes every ounce of my focus and strength to urge the venom not to kill. Instead, I try to concentrate my mind on one word.