I'll Be There For You (Castiel x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"I mean, he doesn't age; and I do. He's still gonna look like he's in his late thirties when I'm in my seventies. It's gonna look weird. I don't know if he wants that in the future." You felt the waterworks coming again. "Shit not this again." He spoke referring to your tears.

"He won't trust me. Like I said he's lucky to have you and would be an idiot if he left you. Plus I'd have to kick his ass. Sam too."

"You think so?" You looked up at him.

"I know so." He ruffled your hair. "Now am I going to go talk to him or are you?"

"I will. You don't need to do anything. But if I need back up I'll let you know." You gently wiped your eyes with the sleeves of one of Sam's many flannels that you stole from him weeks ago.

"Alright (Y/N/N). I believe in you." He gave you a quick double thumbs up and let you go. He walked back into his bedroom.

You let a small shaky breath and walked down to the kitchen where you'd make a nice steaming mug of hot chocolate. The packet you grabbed from the cocoa box happened to have mini marshmallows in it which made you happy, even though the marshmallows would just disintegrate from the hot brown liquid. 

You turned on the tap letting the water run hot. It steamed a little, letting you know that the water was ready for your favorite mug to be filled with the close to boiling water. You quickly placed the mug on the countertop, since it was starting to burn your hand from the way you held it. "Shit." You spat and shook your hand hoping that would ease the pain away. It didn't at all, but you did it anyway regardless.

Castiel sensed your pain and appeared behind you. "(Y/N)?" He tilted his head wondering how you hurt yourself this time. "What happened?" He gently grabbed your hand that you burnt.

"Nothing. I'm fine baby." You gently took your hand away and looked down at the small blister forming in your index finger from your mug.

He squinted his eyes knowing that you were lying to his face. "I'm not one who's an expert in romantic relationships, but I believe that partners are not supposed to lie to each other." He spoke in his normal monotone voice. "(Y/N), I don't like it when you lie." He gave off a slight frown.

"I know, I know." You let out a shaky sigh and sat on the stainless steel island counter. "It's just a small blister. Nothing big." you looked at him and formed a fine line with your lips.

"You're mind seems... cloudy..." Castiel spoke tilting his head once again. "Anything else going on?" He asked curiously.

"I-" You said with a start, not knowing what to say. You were not very good with words, so during most hunts, you would just sit at motels or outside locations while your brothers were pretending to be the FBI, park rangers, or whatever their gig required them to be for the week. You mostly just researched, which you were fine with, to be honest. "It's about us..." Castiel rose an eyebrow, clearly confused as to what you were trying to say.

"Are these bad thoughts?" His eyes went squinty and tilted his head

"Depends on how you take it, I guess." You parted your lips and slightly shrugged. "It's just... I've been thinking." You looked into his sapphire blue eyes. "You know how -- well, you definitely know -- angels don't really age?"

He nodded understanding a bit. "I know that one of these days, I'm gonna be old, wrinkly, grumpy--" You rambled on and finished with a sigh. "I'm just scared Cas." You frowned, your lip quivering and a single tear falling onto your cheek and plummeting to the floor leaving a small puddle at your fuzzy-sock-covered feet.

"What is there to be scare of, (Y/N)?" Castiel stepped closer to you only by a couple of inches and placed one of his hands on your shoulder. "I'm right here, I can protect you."

You looked back up at the angel with puffy, tear ridden eyes. You knew that you were probably just overreacting about this situation. Hell, when you were talking to Dean six minutes ago you could tell that he wanted to say something about how you were acting stupid. If it were anyone else, he probably would have, but with the two of you's bond, he knew how much that would hurt you.

"I know you will." You sniffled and rested your head against his chest. "It's just, I'm scared that you won't want to be with me anymore when that time comes."

"You don't need to worry." Cas wiped a tear from your face with his thumb. "I'm going to be by your side no matter what." He gently reached for your hand, rubbing the top of it softly with his thumb. 

"Really?" You titled your head, something you picked up from Cas, looking at him. A sense of hope was slowly growing in your eyes. 

"Of course." He gently kissed your forehead.