Chapter 52

1 month later ❤️

I woke up in my bed back in Omaha, where Sam and I are getting married, and immediately remembered, today's the day. The day I'm marrying the love of my life and best friend. Sam wasn't in bed with me because of the whole it's bad luck to see each-other before the wedding day, so he's at his house.

I head downstairs and see my mom making breakfast and kaitlyn and Andrea sitting at the table. They slept in the guest bedroom so we would all be together.

"Good morning, bride" my mom smiles.

"Good morning" I smile back. There are so many thoughts going through my head about how today will go, and to say I'm nervous would be saying the least.

"The day is finally here" Andrea exclaims, clapping her hands together.

"This is your and Sam's days today, and it's going to be perfect" Kaitlyn reassures me, obviously noticing I'm nervous.

"We have lots to do today, eat up" my mom says scooping up eggs and some fruit onto my plate.

I quickly eat and go upstairs to change. I put on some leggings and a sweatshirt with no makeup and my hair in a bun, since I'll be getting each done. I get downstairs where everyone's waiting since they've been ready.

"Let's go!" I say and we all get into my moms white SUV. We are first going to go to the venue where the reception will be held. We hired a decorator, so it should already be decorated.

"It looks beautiful" I say in awe.

There were white tables with maroon and gold details set out, where the guests will be eating and tables where the food will be set out. There was lots of room for the DJ and dance floor. There was also a photo booth.

"The decorator did an amazing job" my mom says and we all agree. We stay there for a little longer, checking everything out.

We then head back to the house to pick up the dresses and anything we might need/want to get ready with. We also grab the bouquet and things like that.

"Got everything?" Kaitlyn asks and I nod. We pile back into the car, and head to the church that we're getting married in.

We go in and it's very simply, but beautifully decorated. There were flowers and different details of gold and maroon everywhere.

"This all just got so real" I chuckle, wiping a few tears I hadn't noticed had fallen.

"I'm so happy for you" kaitlyn says hugging me. We examine everything for awhile longer.

"We should go get ready" my mom smiles. All of us girls are getting ready in a room in the church, and the same for the boys.

In the room, there are four separate vanities with makeup artists and hairstylists at each of them.

"Hi, I'm Val and I'll be getting you ready today!" She says nicely, as I sit in the chair.

"Hey! I'm Emma, the bride" I smile.

"Aw! Congratulations!" She says and I thank her. "So, how would you like me to do your hair?"

"I would like to keep it simple. I was thinking a half up half down hairstyle with really bouncy curls" I say and she nods.

"That sounds perfect, your hair is so long it will be perfect for this!" She says.

We all have small talk as we get our hair done. Kaitlyn is doing curls that will be pined up into a bun and Andrea is doing a French braid with her bangs curled.