Chapter 4 "Longing for Real Love"

Prince Hannie is coming, drop your gaze,” castle’s soldiers reminded at each other as the prince walks towards the princess’ bed chamber. He who has those black hosiery, white cloaks,  elaborated poulaine shoes, fine leather gloves, embroidered tunic, and blonde hair, steps with mischievous grin.

What makes him the attention stealer is because of his silver mask that covered the half upper part of his face. Two holes in his mask eyes part are covered with black screen to make it sure that no one will absolutely see his pretty blueish eyes.

The prince stopped in front of the bed chamber’s door. Two soldiers are guarding that area but as soon as they saw him, they bowed their head – afraid of meeting his gaze. It was all because of his powers; the powers to read mind, to control their thoughts, to hypnotize, to give illusions and to make everyone falls in love with him just by looking at his eyes.

Is the princess still asleep?” he asked to one of the soldier. Before the soldier could even answer, he already read his thoughts saying: ‘The princess is still asleep.’ So he raised his hand to stop him from forming words. “Nevermind.” Stepping into the door entrance, Prince Hannie walked in.

His pace stopped when he saw Soleil sleeping under the heavy blankets, lying down on the soft mattress and inside the hanging tapestries.  “She is sleeping really well huh,” he chuckled then continued his pace, making clicking sounds of his shoes. He watches her sleep with slight movements such as rising and falling of her chest. While she is in the land of nod, Prince Hannie sat down on the soft mattress. With his mask on, he slowly lay down beside her. 

He isn’t here to watch her pretty face, nor is interested of making her his per King’s request. This prince just wanted to confirm something he’s puzzled of. When the king introduced her as the next queen, he was really sure that this girl had exchanged gazes with him, and yet, he didn’t get any reaction from her. Usually, any cefru (‘human’ term in Alipia) who’ll see his eyes will definitely get affected by his powers.

The moment you opened your eyes and if I couldn’t read your thoughts, I’ll decide whether I’ll pursue you or not,” he murmured with his gentle sweet voice. Prince Hannie reached the ribbon behind his head. He untied it, bit by bit.

With rapid eyes movements, Soleil who swirled consciousness in the land of dreams finally woke up. Blinking swiftly, she saw a guy lying on her side. He has a smooth flawless skin which was like a sheet of well done cloth. His blueish eyes glinted and he has straight pointed nose. His lips are thin, soft, captivating that anyone would have the urge to touch it. With his blonde hair, Prince Hannie shone in radiance of beauty that can surpass even the prettiest girl Soleil have met in the human world.

His beauty is ethereal,’ Soleil gasped inside her head. 

She closed her eyes again, in thought that she is still just dreaming. But then, a memory of last night flashed back. Soleil remembered the prince who sucks her blood under the moonlight. “My neck!” she shouted then holds her neck and winced in pain. The mark of Prince Moon’s fangs’ mark is still visible on her neck and Prince Hannie saw it. “I see,” he murmured. “So Prince Moon already welcomed you.” He bit the edge of a smile when he got this lewd idea in his head.

Without words, Soleil looked at him from the small gap they have. ‘He is one of the 13 princes’ she said in her mind. 'What is he doing here?'

Mischievous look spreads onto his face as he keeps on staring at her bewildered eyes. “I can’t read your mind. Is your head always blank?” he chuckled.

Blank? How rude. Is he asking me if I am an idiot or what?’ Soleil complained inwardly.

It seems like my power won’t work with you,” he added, as his brows slightly rise. “You aren’t just a normal human.” He licks the corner of his seductive lips before he continued, “What are you? A Deces? Or…” He pursed his lips and didn’t continue his words.

Using his eyes, Prince Hannie is trying to read her mind, to hypnotize her or to make her fall in love. But just like his guess, she can withstand his power! There are only two kinds of cefru who can do it; first is the deces (those who have royal blood) and second is the Canes.

I don’t know what you were talking about," finally, Soleil speak up. “However, can I ask you to please get off, you’re highness? A guy who suddenly barging inside a maiden’s room,  this is kinda rude.”

A girl is pushing him away?! This is the first time he received this kind of treatment. As the deces who has the power to captivate everyone, he is slightly dumbfounded, yet happy at the same time. All of his life, he was tired of receiving love just because of his power. And so he already gave up of hoping that someday, a girl will appear who will love him the way he is.

Prince Hannie clenched his fists as he sat up. “Now I know the reason why Gideon brought you.” He looked at her and continued, “Fall in love with me.”

Soleil eyes widened. How could she get a sudden confession that fast?! Unable to move, Soeil just watch him while still lying down on her bed.

You are the only one I can fall in love with.” After dropping those words, the prince wore his mask. “Sorry for disturbing my princess’ sleep. I came here to check if I’ll join my brothers in seducing you. Now, I made a decision.”

“What it is?” she inquired.

The prince smiled before he pressed his two fingers of his lips. “I decided to make you…” He bent down then brushes his fingers onto her lips. “Mine.” He smiled at her once more before he jolted out of her room and left her speechless.

Inside the huge palace where Prince Hannie is taking his steps onto the red carpet, a smirk grew over his face. “If she is indeed a Canes,” he murmured. “Then that means my brothers and I will have a bloody fight.” His blueish eyes turned into red.

Why would they have a bloody fight to win her heart, if Soleil is really a Canes? Because Canes are powerful cefru who has the ability to dominate the deces blood.

In Alipia world, Canes doesn’t exist anymore, not until Gideon brought the last one who has that blood. Soleil is not a human, but a Canes who is now standing at the top of the pyramid- a power to rule the Alipia land.

To be continued...