Thirty-three

-Natasha-

"Voltrons's gone!" Keith yells before he storms out of the room

Allura looks at me as I slowly push myself away from the table.

"I got him," I say, walking out after him

I fix my armor over my arm as I run after Keith.

"Keith!" I yell

I watch as he slowly comes to a stop and turns around.

"Keith..." I start

"Don't start with me!" He yells "You're just going to say the same thing as them!"

"Keith! I'm not going to say the same damn thing! This is my brother that we're talking about! I had just gotten him back! I didn't even get to explain why I was with Zarkon when you guys showed up! He probably thinks I'm working with them again!" I yell "But Allura has a point, we need Voltron because we can't just sit around and not do anything until we find him. We need a new pilot and my brother wanted that pilot to be you! But look at you, you aren't even open to trying it to help us search."

Keith starts to breathe heavily as he looks at me, stopping in his tracks as he notices the tears.

"Nat..." He whispers as he slowly walks over to me "I didn't know you knew about that conversation."

"Shiro talked to me about it when you were with the blade one day. He wanted my opinion about it, asked if I thought you would ever be ready." I whisper "He had so much faith in you. In us, but looking at us."

He shakes his head before pulling me into his chest. Laying his head on top of mine, mumbling things.

"Nat, we'll find him. I promised you that the first time this happened, I'm promising you it again." He whispers "He loved you and you need to remember that. He would never think that you hated him. Or that you actually did turn on us again."

I hold onto his armor as we just stand there, listening to the other's breathing.

"Keith, I think it's time that we find a paladin that can at least pilot the lion. People need Voltron." I whisper 

"I don't think I can pilot the black lion." Keith whispers "I'm not a leader like he was. I can't lead them like he did." 

I pull away from him, placing my hands on his shoulders. 

"Keith, you aren't going to lead just like Shiro, nobody can replace Shiro." I say "You need to get that out of your head. Nobody can lead as he did, he had training." 

Keith looks at me before he looks at the ground. 

"You have to go back?" He asks 

"Yeah. Lotor reached out, now that he's on the throne, and now that he knows I'm family, he wants me to join his rankings again. Thinking we can start a new kind of Galra lead." I say "Everybody thinks it's a good idea that I go and become inside ears." 

"How long though?" Keith asks 

"I don't know. Could be a few days or even a few weeks to months. However long it is, I'll stay in contact as much as I can." I say "But you need to try the black lion, we all know about the time that you piloted it to save Shiro. It has only responded to you and me, and I'm not the leader Shiro wants." I say "I don't trust myself to be the leader, the purple lion is where I belong." 

Keith looks at me before nodding, leaning down, placing a kiss to my lips. 

"We'll figure this out. Just be safe." Keith says