Chapter 14 - This Is Goodbye

2 years later..

••••

I finish packing and sit back with a sigh.

Tomorrow I was going to North Carolina for college. I couldn't wait, even though I didn't want to leave him.

I stood back up, using the bed for support, and made my way into the living room. Mateo was working, so I had the house to myself today.

How nice of him to spend my last day in town at work.

I guess it's acceptable considering he owns his own restaurant now.

Last year, he graduated community college and started a small Italian restaurant. Apparently, he's part Italian and his mom owned an Italian restaurant too. He said he wanted to follow in her footsteps.

Tonight, we were having a going-away party for me and Kylie. We were both going to college tomorrow, so everyone wanted to celebrate.

Hannah and Aubree went to UCLA and Hannah is still studying to become an orthodontist. Aubree wants to work alongside her, considering they're lovers now.

Owen and Andrew moved to Arizona together as 'best friends'. Mateo and I were sure otherwise.

Kylie was still going to UM, while I'm going to UNC.

About nine months ago, when I started my last year of community college, Mateo moved out and I moved in with him into a small apartment. It was really nice and homey. My dad was unsure about it at first.

Oh yeah, I came out to my mom about Mateo after a few months of us dating. She was accepting of me, like my dad was. She was more emotional though.

I'm nervous to go off to college. I don't know how a long distance relationship will work out, if it even will. Would he cheat? Or stay loyal? Break my heart? That doesn't sound like Mateo.. but it's possible?

I groan and fall onto the couch. I stare at the ceiling for what seems like hours, maybe it even was, before the door opens and the sound of keys rattle from the doorway.

My head flies up and I jump up, running to the doorway and hugging his broad body tightly, whining.

"Hey." He chuckles out, hiding his face in my neck.

"Hi." Was my response. I look up at him and smile, kissing him on the cheek. He always had to bend down a little, considering he was almost a foot taller than me.

Cold hands run up the back of my thighs and grope them, picking me up. I yelp a little and the sound of chuckling echos through the apartment. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

"I want to.." I whisper in his ear and I can feel him tense under me. He moves his head and looks down at me, cocking a brow.

"Are.. you sure?" He mumbles and I nod. He smiles softly and kisses my forehead.

Throughout our relationship, we never had sex. I never wanted to, I got scared or nervous about it and backed out. Half the time, he just teased me and I teased him. About two months ago, I decided I would wait until today then make love with him.

He starts walking toward the bedroom with me in his arms, holding me close to him. He closes the door behind him and presses me to the door, crashing his lips to mine. I kiss him back instantly while running my hands through his hair, pulling him closer. He rubs my thighs with his hands, causing me to moan. My lips part and he takes the chance the slip his tongue into my mouth.

After a few minutes of heavy breathing and kissing, we pull away to catch our breaths. He makes his way over to our bed and puts me down on it.

"You're sure about this, right?" He scans my body with his eyes before looking into mine. I nod slowly in response and he kisses me again. He runs his hands down my chest.