Chapter 8 - Cuddle Buddies

My eyes start to adjust to the light shining through the blinds and I look around. I'm laying in an unknown bedroom under a unknown comforter. My eyes widen and I look down under the comforter.

Okay, clothes are gone, but briefs still on.

I sigh in relief. Still, who's house am I at?! The hallway door opens and Mateo walks in, a towel lowly wrapped around his waist and water dripping down his chiseled chest. He looks at me and smirks.

"You're awake. That's good." He walks over to his dresser and drops his towel. I freak out and yelp, pulling the comforter over my head. I hear a distinct chuckle come from his mouth and I roll my eyes.

"A little warning next time!?" I groan. He finishes getting dressed and slides into bed next to me. I peak out and stare at him. "Did you sleep in here last night? What even happened last night? Why does my head hurt?" He sighs in response and looks over at the wall.

"Last night, Shane tried to jump you, but I stopped him in the middle. You were still conscious when it happened, but fell unconscious after I.." He drifts off and closes his mouth. I cock a brow. "After I started beating him up." He finishes, slowly looking back down at me. My eyes widen a little and I sigh, throwing my head back on the pillow. I wince in agony and hiss.

"So did he bust my head?" I blurt and look at Mateo, who's staring at me now. He blinks after awhile and nods slowly.

"He's my ex. I broke up with him because he's too possessive of me. Protection is okay, but not like that. Wouldn't let me see anyone, do anything. Once he even..." I drift off and look away, blinking back a little tear, "He just always seemed off. So, I broke it off." I continue then close my mouth and eyes. He cocks a brow in curiosity about the sentence I didn't finish.

"He jumped me before." I blurt out, biting my bottom lip before looking back at Mateo. He sighs, closing his eyes and rubbing his jaw. I look at his veiny hand and silver ring. I never noticed he had a ring.

"So he tried to jump you? Why wouldn't you be okay with it? If you guys, were like, dating or whatever." He mumbles, opening his eyes and glancing me over.

"Because I.. I told him I wasn't ready for that. He got mad about it. I told Logan the same the night of the date." I bite my bottom lip nervously. Mateo stares off into space. His eyes widen a little and he looks back at me. I tilt my head and stare at him.

"You're a virgin." He smirks, raising his eyebrow. I blush and look away.

"No, I'm not a virgin."

"Then what was your first time?" He leans closer to me and I move away silently.

"Okay, fine, I am, but it doesn't matter." I sigh and sit up, throwing my legs off the side of the bed.

"Does to matter. Not even with a girl?" I look at him and roll my eyes.

"Oh yeah, with a girl because I'm totally not gay." I sarcastically throw at him, walking over to the door. He chuckles a little.

"Wait, by the way. I got you the day off from school." I shoot my head in his direction.

"Fuck! I forgot it's Monday." I throw my head back and cry out loud. My bottom lip puffs out as I throw my head back down, opening the door and closing it behind me.

God, I want to just shower and relax.

••••

After school ends, everyone arrives home and goes to do there own thing. I get dressed into some mom jeans and a huge ivory colored sweater and walk downstairs. I'm greeted by Logan at the doorway and I smile.