twenty-seven: i need you

Comenzar desde el principio

Taehyung nodded. "I understand that too."

"Good. At least we understand each other, right?"

Taehyung chuckled and tilted his head to rest on top of the younger's.

Jeongguk continued. "I also didn't volunteer just to spite you. I want to help too, okay? I want to be there, fighting by your side if you're going through with it. Plus, I can try to live up to my fathers."

"Well since I know I can't stop you, all I've got to say is thank you," Taehyung said after a few seconds of silence. "Your father would be very proud."

"Yours too."

Jeongguk and Taehyung stayed motionless like that for some time. They didn't know if they were avoiding going back to the real world or were hoping the other says something that will put an end to their endless argument. Either way, the quiet helped them both calm down. At some point, the silence became unbearable to them both and Jeongguk filled it by humming Taehyung's mother's lullaby.

"I love you," Taehyung whispered.

"I love you too," Jeongguk replied and pressed a kiss on his cheek.

At least they knew their love would always be real and strong no matter what world they are in.

•—•—•

"I'll see you," Taehyung said and Jeongguk nodded. Taehyung kissed his cheek and stepped back from the portal and into his study. Taehyung sighed. He was dreading coming back to the real world where he had a million different problems to worry about. He decided to take care of what's at the top of his priority list and summoned Namjoon so that they could start their journey to Fionesta.

"I'm assuming it didn't go well judging by the long face?" Namjoon asked after they were boarded in the two-person vehicle led by a pegasus. There were multiple guards around them following protocol so the two had to make sure to keep everything hushed.

"No, quite the opposite. It was magical," Taehyung said, a smile creeping to his lips remembering his beautiful night. The smile quickly dropped reflecting on the morning's event.

"But magic doesn't last forever, I guess," Taehyung finished. He felt grateful Namjoon didn't try to pry anymore. He really didn't feel like talking on it and would much rather keep his mind occupied with the future of their world.

The world. That's so strange to Taehyung. It felt like it was just yesterday Taehyung felt like he could achieve nothing big in his lifetime and was just another irrelevant human walking amongst the soulless. He would've had to work as a waiter to pay out his tuition and when that's done, his meal fee for the rest of his life. If it weren't for Jimin, he surely would've fallen apart. Then here he is now, leader of one of the most powerful kingdoms with the responsibility to make sure everyone can go to bed without worrying about tomorrow. The weight that was on him was definitely a challenge and could've even been more than he could hand, but for once in his life, Taehyung felt like he had a purpose. He found his purpose and he wasn't about to mess it up.

They landed in Fionesta safely but made sure not to be seen by any of the civilians, by request of the King. It was a bit awkward to be walking through halls he knew he was not welcomed in but Taehyung had gotten used to it. He made sure to keep his chin and have confidence in his strides. The most important lesson he learned from day one: don't show weakness.

"Thank you," Taehyung said politely as the King handed him the book hidden in an enchanted bag. The King nodded but his hands were still clutching the bag as if he was rethinking his decisions.