Chapter 19: Nothing to Be Jealous of...Right?

Hope's POV:

That afternoon there is a funeral for Theodred. The poor guy died before he saw his father freed. I feel bad for him. I also feel bad for Theoden. Waking up to find his son dead. The King requested that we be in the procession. Of course we accept.

While Theodred is placed in his tomb Eowyn sings a beautiful song to her cousin. Once the funeral is over we are all lead to the Grand Hall for some food. I take a seat across from Gimli and Aragorn sits next to me.

I smile at him and grab some food that is set in the middle of the table. Suddenly Gandalf and Theoden rush into the hall with two small children. One a girl and the other a boy. The boy is passed out in Gandalf's arms. I stand and rush over to the, as does Eowyn.

"Hope, your blood." Gandalf says. I nod and kneel by the boy. I bite my wrist and place it to his mouth. Slowly the color returns to his face. I pull my wrist away once it is healed and the boy's eyes open. "You are full of surprises Lady Hope." Theoden says. I smile softly at the King.

"Come you two, I shall get you food and drink." Eowyn says, leading them to a nearby table. She talks to them for a second before looking at us. "They had no warning. They were unarmed. Now the Wild Men are moving through the Westfold, burning as they go. Rick, cot, and tree." She says.

Then she turns back to the children. "This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash. All the more potent for his driven now by fear of Sauron. Ride out and meet him head on. Draw him away from your women and children. You must fight." Gandalf tells Theoden.

"You have 2000 good men riding North as we speak. Eomer is loyal to you. His men will return and fight for their King." Aragorn says. Theoden stands abruptly. He looks agitated and stressed. Hell, I would be too.

"They will be 300 leagues from here by now. Eomer cannot help us. I know what it is you want of me, but I will not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war." Theoden states. "Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not." Aragorn says.

I grip his hand under the table. He smiles lovingly at me. "When last I looked, Theoden, not Aragorn, was King of Rohan." He says. I resist the urge to roll my eyes. "Then what is the King's decision?" Gandalf asks.

"The city will empty. We will make for the refuge at Helm's Deep. Bring only what you can carry. That is my decision." He says, with that he storms off and the guards go towards the town to inform them of his decision. I sigh in exasperation. This man is stupid.

Gandalf storms off, beckoning us to follow. "Helm's Deep. They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight. Who will defend them if not their King?" Gandalf asks. "He's only doing what he thinks is best for his people. Helm's Deep has saved them in the past." Aragorn says.

"There is no way out of that ravine. Theoden is walking into a trap. He thinks he's leading them to safety. What they will get is a massacre." Gandalf says as the three of us enter Shadowfax's stable. Legolas and Gimli are off doing something else at the moment. Gandalf turns to us.

"Theoden has a strong will, but I fear for him. I fear for the survival of Rohan. He will need you before the end Aragorn. The people of Rohan will need you. The defenses have to hold." Gandalf says. Aragorn nods. "They will hold." He reassure.

I have no idea what they are talking about, but now is not the time. Gandalf walks over to Shadowfax and pets him. He looks deep in though. I wonder what he could possibly be thinking about. No telling with him.

"The Grey Pilgrim. That's what they used to call me. Three hundred lives of men I have walked this earth and now I have no time. With luck my search will not be in vain." He says. Aragorn and I exit the stable, still looking at the wizard. He climbs on to the horse and turns to us.

"Look to my coming, at the first light on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the east." He instructs. The two of us nod. "Go." Aragorn urges. With that Gandalf takes off, almost running Legolas and Gimli down. I hold back a laugh. Aragorn and I walk over to the saddle rack.

"Here, take one for yourself, I will be with you shortly." He says. I nod and take one, going off to find a horse. I quickly find a pure black one. I see a guard walk up to it, but it becomes unsettled and scampers away from him. He decides it's not worth it and walks off. I walk up to it.

"Hello there." I say, getting closer. It looks at me unsure, but allows me closer to it than it did the guard. "I'm Hope. I would very much like to ride you." I say, getting steadily closer. I am soon close enough to throw the saddle on. I do so gently and the horse allows me to.

Once the saddle is fixed as well as the reigns I walk in front of it. "What is your name? Can I give you one?" I ask. It's like it can hear me because it nods. "How about Belle?" I ask. Another nod. I smile. "Well Belle, let's go see if we can find someone before we take off.

I walk through the stables to find Aragorn and I do. Him and Eowyn are standing by a horse. Rather close I might add. I glare. He sees me, but I storm off, back over to Belle. Come on Hope, don't let jealousy get the best of you. I think to myself. I was never jealous with Landon.

I wasn't in love with Landon. God why is this so hard. I know Aragorn. He's known Eowyn for two seconds he can't possibly have feelings for her greater than his ones for me. I need to trust him. But why would he stand that close to her? I shake my head. These thoughts are needless.

I have nothing to be jealous of...right?