17. Like A Car Crash

Start from the beginning

He didn't have an answer for him. Norman knew he should just give up, but he didn't want to. Sarah wasn't going to stop him from at least trying to get what he wanted. Maybe that was a bad way to look at it, but he didn't care at this point. This had all gotten far too complicated for his liking.

"Wait, hold on, hold on, how long have you been holding onto that one?" Pope questioned, now looking wildly between Norman and John B, "Were you ever gonna tell us?"

"I just did," was John B's response to which Norman let out a small snort. "What are you laughing at?"

Before he even knew what was happening, a loose fit of laugher passed Norman's lips as he shook his head, "When did this get so fucked up?"

No one could answer his question because John B had apparently had enough. He grabbed his bag and opened the door saying, "Enough of this shit, I'm gonna go take care of business."

"You're gonna take care of it," JJ teased, "after dropping that total bombshell."

"We'll just sit here... in this hot car," Pope sighed, "While we revel in this mess. Thanks John B."

However, the boy was already gone. Norman shook his head softly, muttering to himself, "Wow, this was a mistake. Thanks, Kie."

"Hey, don't blame me for the fact that you and John B can't get your shit together," the girl scoffed, "Okay, guys, if John B had to date a Kook, Sarah or Rocky?"

"Rocky," JJ nodded with no hesitation.

"Yeah, yeah, Rocky," the other boy agreed.

"Seriously?" Norman asked with a raised eyebrow, "JJ, I thought you hated me."

The blond shrugged, "Yeah, but Sarah's super fucking annoying. So, like, I'd rather it be you."

"You came, that says everything, trust me," Kie observed, "The way he was talking... it was like he was confused more than anything. Something tells me things aren't gonna work out with Sarah the way he wants them to."

"I'm not gonna be his second choice, Kie," Norman sighed, looking to the two boys he asked, "That's fair, right?"

Both of them nodded. Outside, they could hear the sound of another vehicle pulling up. With a furrowed brow, JJ looked outside before turning back to face them with a worried expression.

"Uh, guys? I'm pretty sure Topper just pulled up and is definitely gonna find Sarah and John B up there... together," JJ remarked, "Oh, this is not gonna end well."

"Shit," Norman cursed, "I'm gonna follow him and make sure he doesn't start anything. You guys stay here. It's dark and storming so the less people out in the dark, the better."

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Kie stated as the boy stepped out of the van with a nervous shudder, looking back at the three remaining of the group before walking off down the trail he had seen John B and Topper go down earlier.

He tried to be as quiet as possible he seemed to stumble upon the view just as Topper did. Sarah and John B were talking about that looked far more serious than a conversation about the plat map.

Just as Topper was climbing up to get to them, he heard Sarah exclaim, "I saw you kissing Rocky!"

"Oh, shit," Norman muttered as he heard the rest of the group come up behind him. Turning to Kie he whisper-shouted, "Dude, what part of stay in the car do you not understand?"