Epilogue

Two Years Later...

"Are you absolutely sure this tie is straight, Damien? A-And my hair, I mean I may have put too much gel in it- but does it look bad? I'm worried that he won't like it so I need-" he yelped when a hand met the back of his head. "Ow! What the fuck?"

Damien rolled his stormy grey eyes and moved his hands to fix his friend's tie, again. "Well, I think your hair looks nice- and you did sort of put too much gel in it." The brunette sighed and moved his fingers to brush his bangs to the side. "I understand you're stressed, hell I'd be too, but you need to take a moment and breath. I'm not letting you walk down the sand with panic written across your face."

Roughly a year ago, Geralt took Julian to the beach, it was a work vacation for both of them. The NYPD forced the vacation on the Witcher, Geralt not being the type of man to just simply take a break. It was all quite convenient for him anyway- the perfect time to propose.

The proposal wasn't like any other person would witness. Geralt got on one knee, said Julian's full name, then asked for his hand. The surprising part about it was that he was asking Julian, not Jaskier. It seemed to be a big step, due to the fact that he was going to do it back in the day but lost his chance. Either way, the brunette cried and said 'yes'.

Quiet snapping stopped Julian from shooting his friend a snarky remark. Charlie stood at the entrance to the tent with a toothy smile on his face. "It's time, everyone's waiting for you." He was just as excited as the couple, the brunette had always been like a brother to him.

Julian wet his lips then brushed his suit down, running his fingers through his hair afterward. He wasn't quite sure that he himself was ready, but that didn't matter.

The place they wanted to get married at was Long Island Beach, where Geralt had proposed. Both men prepared themselves for the event in separate tents with their best men, along with groomsmen for Geralt.

The timing of it all seemed too perfect. When Julian began his journey to the altar, he couldn't help but awe at the scenery.

Pink and orange mingled with clouds in the sky while the sun set. It created an image, a beautiful image that one would see in a professional photo, or in a painting done by one of the greats.

Geralt stood at the altar next to Lambert and Eskel. His arms were folded downward, and a smile of pure delight rested on his lips. The three wore their NYPD uniforms, Vesemir had told them to for the public of it all- after all, he is, in fact, their superior. The only thing Geralt got to chose was the colors of anyone who wasn't an officer's suits, black had been chosen.

So that left Julian to wear a suit of his own. His suit was black and sharp, anyone could see from far away that the suit had been expensive. In the small pocket of the jacket, a yellow buttercup stuck out, bringing even the smallest bit of color out. It made him glad that he wasn't in the police force, uniforms like that weren't his style- but they were definitely Geralt's.

Vesemir was in the place of the priest, he wanted to do it and no one in their right mind stopped him. "We are gathered here, not to witness the beginning of what will be, but rather what already is. We do not create this marriage, because marriage is created in the hearts of two loving people. We can and do, however, gather to celebrate with Julian Pankratz and Geralt Rivia the wondrous and joyful occurrence that has already taken place in their lives, and the commitment they make today..."

"You look handsome," Julian whispered with a smile, looking the other man up and down. "The police outfit's... well..." he couldn't quite finish that sentence at the moment.

Geralt grinned. "Not too bad yourself, Julian." He followed his lover's eyes, meeting them halfway, right at the belt. "Behave, will you? This is a wedding and might I add that Ciri is in the front row?" His tone was serious, but the humor in his eyes couldn't be missed.

"Ultimately there comes a moment when a decision must be made. Two people who love each other must ask themselves how much they hope for as their love grows and deepens, and how much risk they are willing to take. The commitment may well be a fearful gamble. Because it is the nature of love to create, a marriage itself is something which has to be created, the natural consequence of a love so strong, such that as we come together in marriage, we become a new creature - the two becoming one within." Vesemir continued, shooting a small glare to the other Witcher, a signal to shut up and to hold hands. The two grooms obliged.

Vesemir turned Julian first. "Do you, Julian, choose Geralt to be your partner in life, to support and respect him in his successes and as well his failures, to care for him in sickness and in health, to nurture him, and to grow with him throughout the seasons of your life together?" The usual 'until death do you part' seemed extreme after the circumstances of Jaskier's death.

Julian sniffed, he felt tears threatening to fall, but he kept them at bay. "I pledge to you endless strength that you can count on when you are weak. I'll be your music when you can't hear, your sunshine when you can't see, or your perfume when you can't smell. You'll never need to look further than me. I'll be your days and nights when you need them filled, your spark of life in the darkness, your hope when you're down and out." A single tear fell from his cheek when he finished, he had written that himself.

Vesemir nodded then turned to Geralt. "And do you, Geralt, choose Julian to be your partner in life, to support and respect him in his successes and as well his failures, to care for him in sickness and in health, to nurture him, and to grow with him throughout the seasons of your life together?"

The Witcher's smile grew soft. "I, Geralt Rivia, promise you, Julian Pankratz, that I will be your husband from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honor the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together." He had put together small bits of his time with Jaskier in it, to honor that part of Julian.

"Cirilla, if you will come forward with the rings." The ten-year-old grinned and stood up from her seat, carrying a tiny baby blue pillow in her hand. She begged and begged to help out that way, and decorate the beach with buttercups. "Thank you, my dear." After giving the two grooms the rings, she tugged at on her father's sleeve and kissed his cheek before running off to sit with her mother. "The two will now exchange rings."

Geralt took Julian's free hand and slowly pushed the ring through his ring finger. "Through this ring, I accept you as my husband, now and for all time." He let go so Julian could do the same.

"I give you this ring, a symbol of my love, as I give to you, all that I am, and accept from you, all that you are." Julian's voice had started to break, his emotions were freaking out at all that was taking place. He didn't know if he could hold it all in much longer.

The best man and groomsmen for Geralt smiled at the two, knowing that this had been needed for quite some time.

"Right then," Vesemir cleared his throat, seeing that the two were getting extremely emotional and antsy. "By the power invested in me, I hereby pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groo-"

Geralt had already grabbed the brunette's hips and pulled him towards his body. Their lips met quite roughly, but the message that was in between them was clear.

The cheering, hoots, and whistles were drowned out as their lips moved in sync. Even the clearing of Vesemir's throat was ignored.

"I love you, Geralt." Julian breathed once they separated. "I love you so fucking much."

The Witcher pressed his forehead against his new husband's. "And I, you, Julian Alfred Rivia."

(Was that good? I've never written a wedding scene before- I had to look up most of it. Anyway... this is the end! Thank you for reading!)