10

Fifteen minutes had passed by since Jaskier entered the inn. His thoughts had pushed him toward talking Geralt's ear off a bit, which was nothing new, then demanding for some sort of apology.

While he waited, Jaskier plucked at his lute, thinking about writing a new song. It was not going to be about Geralt this time, perhaps something involving two lovers being reunited--

"That still has to do with him," the bard mumbled. The only damned thing on his mind was the Witcher, and it was beginning to annoy him. But they weren't lovers exactly, were they? No, just two friends who had a fight

"Jaskier?" The bard's head snapped up followed by a gasp.

The Witcher was leaning up against the wall, a small wound was visible on the right side of his stomach. His expression was clouded, but the amber eyes were clear.

Jaskier's plan to talk Geralt's ear off slowly dispersed and was replaced by helping him. "Gods, Geralt." He hopped off the bed and did his best to steady the Witcher against his body. "Come now, lets clean that wound." On the outside, he was calm and collected, but inside the brunette was freaking out- both at his friend's pain and the fact that this was how they were to meet after all this time. "Stay right where you are, Geralt, and apply pressure, I'll see to it that we can run a bath for you." He handed Geralt a cloth and pressed it to his side, earning a low hiss in response.

The innkeeper was in an argument when Jaskier reached the bottom of the steps. A tall man with a ginger beard was barking at her, the bard caught 'Witcher' and 'monster'.

"Oi! Are you not grateful for what Geralt did to those ghouls?!" Jaskier shouted angrily, interrupting the both of them. "If not for him, they'd still be roaming around and killing whatever crosses their paths!" He walked up to the counter and jabbed a finger into the man's chest. "He's not a monster, and he just saved your sorry arse, so deal with him staying here!"

The man's eye twitched, but he didn't say anything further. "Tch," he rolled his eyes then left the inn.

The innkeeper sighed and rubbed her arms. "Thank you, sir. I apologize for my husband's actions, he's just a little tipsy." They both knew that wasn't the case, but Jaskier didn't push it. "Did you need something?"

Jaskier nodded. "A hot bath, he's injured." The woman nodded and held up a finger, telling him to give her a moment. "Thank you."

Monday morning, Julian, unfortunately, had work. When he opened his eyes at his alarm, he was very disappointed at the ending of his 'dream', which was new...

Donna had told him to accept everything, though it may all take a hot minute. If he keeps denying everything, he'll end up driving himself insane.

The word destiny now made Julian uncomfortable. His destiny was to meet someone from his past life, which is a tad strange, or else he would, once again, drive himself insane. The consequences became crystal clear.

"You're... early." Charlie raised an eyebrow at his employee. "We don't open for another twenty minutes." Julian only shrugged in response, he knew if he stayed in bed any later, he most likely wouldn't show up to work at all. "Is everything alright?"

'Well my entire life is now based on something that happened over 700 years ago, and now it's my destiny to find all of the pieces.' "Of course," Julian smiled. "I just didn't want to get out of bed this morning." That was half the truth.

His boss only nodded. His employees' personal life was theirs, he would only listen if they wanted to share. Though Julian was usually talking about everything that's happened, whatever's going on is to not be shared.

While waiting for everyone else to arrive, Julian decided to take a seat at one of the tables and scroll through Instagram. Maybe he would find Geralt there.

But destiny decided against it, his 89% iPhone battery immediately fell to 5%. Julian looked at the red bar with wide eyes and quickly exited the app.

"Son of a bitch." Julian rubbed his eyes, this was going to take a while.