6

"The fairest sex they often call it..." Julian found himself singing that song a lot. So, to get it out of his head, he decided to write down the lyrics and music onto a music sheet. That would get it out of his head, right?

"But her love's as unfair as a crook..." Going over the lyrics was strange for him. Jaskier sang about Geralt in this, despite the pronouns. "It steals all my reason, commits every treason of logic, with naught but a look..."

The bar grew quiet, and everyone stared at the brunette. Julian didn't notice, of course, the song had put a cloud around him, blocking everything and everyone out. At the moment, he wasn't aware that he was in a bar- or around people either.

"A storm breaking on the horizon... of longing, and heartache, and lust. She's always bad news- it's always lose, lose. So tell me, love, tell me, love, how is that just?" Julian wrote down the notes and lyrics before going back to his guitar.

"But the story is this, she'll destroy with her sweet kiss, her sweet kiss." He closed his eyes, his conscious imagining Geralt was in front of him. "The story is this, she'll destroy with her sweet kiss, her sweet kiss."

Damien set his friend's new glass down, watching a tear stream down his cheek. What was pulling him away from the world?

Julian opened his eyes and let out a shaky sigh. "Her current is pulling you closer, charging the hot, humid night. The red sky at dawn is giving a warning, you fool, better stay out of sight!" His voice began to break as his mind wrapped around the painful events that had happened in his dreams. The mountain, seeing Lambert at the tavern...

"I'm weak my love, and I am wanting. If this is the path I must trudge- I welcome my sentence, give you my penance- Garrotter, jury, and judge!

"But the story is this, she'll destroy with her sweet kiss, her sweet kiss, oh... but the story is this, she'll destroy with her sweet kiss..." he closed his eyes again, seeing Geralt with a raven-haired woman. "But the story is this, she'll destroy with her sweet kiss. But the story is this, she'll destroy with her sweet kiss, her sweet kiss. But the story is this, she'll destroy with her sweet kiss, her sweet kiss. The story is this, she'll destroy with her sweet kiss..." the last tear dropped onto the acoustic guitar.

Clapping and hoots snapped Julian back to reality. He quickly dried his tears and smiled, waving a hand around hoping they would drop it. But instead of doing so, some people stood up and dropped some money onto the counter for him.

"Goddamn, Jules, that song was beautiful." Damien smiled at his friend, dropping a five in the new pile of money. "How the hell did you come up with that?"

Julian frowned and looked down at the music sheet. He hadn't put his name under the artist, he had written Jaskier. "It just came to me..." once he finished his drink, Julian put his guitar back in its case along with the music sheets. "Excuse me, I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow."

"Lambert, I don't want to talk about him, please-"

The Witcher held up a hand. "You don't understand, he's been all over, looking for you." His expression hardened. "He asked me and Eskel to contact him if we ever stumbled across you, or if we figured out your whereabouts."

Jaskier crossed his arms. "Geralt made it crystal clear that he didn't wan- need me anymore. He asked for a blessing to rid of me, and that's what happened. I will respect that." He went over to the door and allowed a woman, who was knocking, to come in, she was to prepare his bath.

A sigh left Lambert. "You know he's stubborn, it was the heat of the moment, or whatever. The son of a bitch won't shut up about you." He looked down at the floor. "He's not sappy or any shit like that, but Geralt's... he's irritable and gets all mopey when you're mentioned. It's unlike him.

"Yennefer tried to fill that hole, but it... it didn't work out." Lambert looked up and met the bard's eyes. "He wants you."

"Jesus Christ..." Julian rubbed his eyes. The microwave clock in front of him read 11:01. He had only been home for twenty minutes before his body decided to crash.

His mind wandered to the new name given in the last dream. Who is Yennefer? What was she trying to do with Geralt-

"Stop, dammit!" Julian shouted, slamming a fist down on his marble counter. "Fucks sake... just leave me alone." He rubbed his eyes again and yawned.

Suddenly, an idea popped in his head, a damn good one too. He was going to see someone tomorrow, someone that may be able to tell him what's going on inside his head.

And maybe, they could tell him how to get rid of it all.