7

The bard chose to believe the Witcher. He didn't want to admit that he too wanted to be with Geralt... he had wanted it throughout the year they had been apart. Of course, he wanted to show that he could be on his own... he was showing himself that he could be on his own.

Lambert stayed the night in the inn with Jaskier, wanting to show him the way to his friend as soon as possible. It would only be a matter of time before Geralt would begin to kick himself harder for what he did.

"Umm... if one of us ever found you, we were to contact someone so you and Geralt could... meet as soon as possible," Lambert informed the bard as soon as they left the inn. "And I'll have to ask you to not engage in a fight or whatnot, I really don't want to have to deal with anything like that."

Jaskier raised an eyebrow. "Who would you be contacting?" He had an idea, but he hoped it wasn't who he thought it was.

"I think that's quite obvious, don't you think, Jaskier?" His hopes had betrayed him.

"Yennefer," Jaskier scowled. This didn't make him happy at all- no, it was her and Geralt's fight that lead to him being pushed away.

The raven-haired woman rolled her eyes. "Let's just get this over with, shall we?" She had some tolerance for the bard, but after that day on the mountain, it slowly dispersed. "As much as I love having him around, this side isn't quite as fun as his other."

Jaskier took note of her jealously. Green was not a good color on her. "Fine by me." The two turned to Lambert.

The Witcher shook his head. "I'm not going with you guys, I've got some things to take care of." Yennefer nodded. "Good luck with Geralt."

"So, you've been having dreams of these characters, and you're Jaskier in them?" Julian nodded slowly. "And you're in love with a Witcher, which is a monster hunter, and his name is Geralt?"

Julian shook his head. "No, Jaskier's in love with him. I suppose I just play the part." He paused, trying to think of another way to put it. "I'm an actor in the film of their love, or whatever this is. Do you- do you know what's happening, Donna?"

The woman Julian had chosen to see wasn't exactly a therapist or shrink, she was a bit of both, but also looked at the spiritual side of things. The brunette figured that if he went to her, she could tell him how to get rid of the dreams.

Donna pursed her lips and started to tap her nails against the table next to her. "You may not like the answer I give you, Mr. Pankratz." She paused and stopped tapping. "Would you like the long explanation or a short explanation?"

"Long." Something in her expression told him that the short would be too confusing. "I, uh, don't have much time left though..." he glanced down at his watch. "Could we-"

"Tomorrow then," Donna finished. "I can, however, only do 1:30. Is that alright with you?"

Julian nodded. "Yes, that's fine. Thank you so much, Donna." With that, he left.

"He's in for one hell of a ride," Donna mumbled.

What Julian Pankratz is going through is extremely important and needs to be seen immediately, but there was no stopping him now.

Someone would later do that for him.