seven

Zed's POV

When Witney approached me in the Zombie light garden about her plan for revenge, I thought she was crazy. I just kind of went along with it, hoping for I don't know what. When I saw Addison in the wolve's den I felt so betrayed and scared. Addison couldn't be a werewolf! 

When I saw Addison take Wyatt's hand during their dance, I couldn't help but feel jealous. It only made it worse when Wyatt announced to practically everyone how amazing Addison was for finding the Moonstone. I mean, come one. She was with me. 

Witney stopped me that night to remind me about the plan. I didn't want to hurt Addison, but I sure as heck wanted Wyatt to feel what I felt now about Addison. 

Witney so brilliantly suggested that I have a pet name for her. I chose Wittles because, why not? I could feel the stares of my fellow classmates, all wondering why I had a werewolf on my arm. I ignored them and kept walking. I had something else planned today too. 

Witney and I were planning to make our entrance at lunch, the perfect time for everyone to see us. That would leave plenty of time to take Addison's necklace. I couldn't let her become a wolf. 

"Addison!" I called out, "I've been up all night thinking. You're not a werewolf. You can't be,"

Addison frowned. "But I love moonlight strolls," she retorted. 

"Yeah, you also like sunsets. That doesn't mean you're a vampire," I said back.

She tipped her head. "Zed."

"Look, it's really hard being considered a monster. Trust me," I told her. 

Addison took a step towards me. "All I've ever wanted was to find my pack. And now I finally have," She opened the Moonstone box and handed it to me. "When I see the wolves I'm going to put this on. And I'm really sorry I can't make the debate, but I need to find the wolves." She leaned in for a hug. "Good luck." Addison ran off in the other direction, leaving me with the Moonstone.

Before I could doubt myself I pulled the necklace out of its box, placing it in my jacket pocket. I couldn't let Addison become a werewolf and be shunned by the town. I had to protect her.

"Oops, almost forgot," Addison came running back, taking the empty box out of my hands. "You'll do great,"

--------

Witney's POV

I closed my locker door to come face-to-face with Wyatt.

"Witney, we need to talk," Wyatt pulled me into the nearest empty room. I shut the door and glared at him. 

"What was that out there?" Wyatt motioned towards the door, "You and Zed? What was that all about?" I frowned, keeping my poker face on. 

"Why should you care?" I asked, "It's not like you've paid attention to me for the last few days. I wanted a change now that you're with Addison," Oops.

Wyatt's face contorted into one of confusion, then sadness, then anger. 

"What do you mean, Witney? I'm not with Addison, I like you." he defended himself. I turned away from him. 

"It doesn't seem like it, not with all the secret glances and smiles. Not to mention the sweet comments that she gets! You've been ignoring me because you like Addison!" I threw my arms up. It felt good to get this off my chest. 

Wyatt let out a short laugh. "Witney, I wouldn't try to ignore you. I didn't! I'm just trying to find the Great Alpha and the Moonstone. I'm trying to do what's best for our pack." he sighed. "I don't know what game you're trying to play, but I need to go find Willa. We can talk later."