five

Witney's POV

Ugh. Seabrook's cheer gym was worse than I thought, all pretty and pink. I wanted to puke. Not to mention the fact that Bucky's face was plastered everywhere. I mean, come on, just a little (lot) vain. 

I don't understand why Wyatt wanted to come here. He definitely had a thing for Addison, which made me upset. I pushed the thought off as Addison came running in, blowing her whistle.

"I'm so fired up to be running cheer practice!" she told her group of cheerleaders, "Together, we can do anything." She took a breath but stopped when she saw her friend point behind her. She turned around, finally seeing us. I smirked at her when she met my gaze. 

"Sorry," she said to us, "This practice space is for cheerleaders only."

Wynter stood up and snorted. "Just try and get us to leaves," she told Addison off. I stood up beside her. Wyatt grabbed her shoulder, pulling her down. 

"Wynter," he said, glancing at Addison, "Some respect," Wynter gave him a side glare but sat down. 

"What? No, I don't want you to leave," Addison said "I want you to stay. Show us what you can do," I glanced around at my pack members. Some didn't seem too onboard with this idea. 

"The cheer team is for everyone," Addison added. 

Wyatt grabbed my paw. I resisted and pulled away. No way was I going to do this cheer thing! Not even over Addison's dead body. 

"C'mon, Wit," Wyatt grabbed my paw again, "It'll be fun," I gave him a death glare. 

"Fine," I relented, "But you owe me big time," Wyatt grinned like it was his birthday. 

"5,6,7,8!" I heard Addison call. I was in between two male cheerleaders towards the front. Wynter was one spot over from me and Wyatt was in front with Addison. I started doing a traditional werewolf dance along with the rest of the pack while the Seabrook cheerleaders danced around us. We weren't in sync with them at all, but it felt good. After a few more failed attempts we finally got a few steps right. I went up to the circle that was forming and put my paw in. Addison gave me a huge grin. 

Everything was going great until I noticed that I had somehow drifted from Wyatt and Addison and I was now on the outskirts of the group. I saw Wyatt catch Addison from a stunt and hold her close, just like he used to do with me. 

Everyone around me started clapping, but I didn't that's when I noticed Zed and his friend Eliza standing in the doors to the gym. I followed Zed's gaze to where he was staring at Wyatt and Addison. I felt my fists clench slightly. I slowly drifted closer to the pair, trying to be discreet.

"Yeah, that scruffy, super-handsome, fine smelling Wyatt is really into Addison," I heard Eliza say.

Zed scoffed. "You know what, they're just cheering," he told her, "And laughing. But I'm sure she's just convincing the wolves to vote for me," 

I turned my attention back to Wyatt and Addison when I saw the standing face-to-face.

"We wolves work well together," Wyatt told Addison. Addison made a face. "But I'm not a wolf," Addison said back. Wyatt smirked at that. 

My eyes narrowed but I was able to control myself. 

"I'm not threatened," I heard Zed say from behind me. I rolled my eyes. 

Just then Wynter fell to the floor, coughing, her Moonstone glowing green. 

I ran up to her. "Wynter?" Wyatt and I asked at the same time. I felt Wyatt's eyes land on me but I ignored it. He wasn't my problem if he was basically flirting with other girls.