28. your not going

Start from the beginning

"What do you think Arthur?" Dutch turned to ask the man leaning on the doorframe. Arthur explained that Hosea's plan was as good as any. With Hosea and Abigail causing the distraction, the gang should be able to get in and out with as little law as possible.

"Who all are we taking?" Arthur asked Dutch.

"You, me, John, Javier, Bill, Charles, Lenny, Micah." Dutch listed off.

"What about me?" You spoke up. Everyone turned their head to you, except Dutch.

"No." He said sternly.

You looked at him taken back a bit. "What?"

"No, your not going." He said again.

"Why the hell not?" You said, a little offended.

"I'm not risking you getting hurt, we don't know how this is going to go." He explained.

"You told me no one else would get hurt." You responded angered.

"I know what I said!" He said, raising him voice a bit. He let out a sigh before calming down. "Please just do this for me y/n." He said.

You looked over to Arthur. "I agree with Dutch on this on y/n. We don't need you getting hurt." He explained.

You bit your cheek, knowing no matter what you said you wouldn't be able to convince the two men to let you go.

"Okay we're doing it. We ride out in the morning." Dutch said, walking out of the room and upstairs. You began walking outside, Arthur following.

"Listen y/n.." he started.

"I get it. You just better make sure no one else gets hurt." You said to him.

"Don't worry." He responded as a form of reassurance.

"Go rest, you need to be ready for tomorrow." You told him. He nodded and walked back to the house. You made your way to the tent and laid down, you just hoped nothing went wrong tomorrow.

You found your gaze leaving the work infront of you to look at the camps entrance. You were trying to help Pearson by cutting vegetables, but your mind was full of worry about the robbery. The boys had left in the morning to head into town. It was now nightfall, and no news. You just prayed everyone got out safe.

The knife fell from your hand when you heard a horse ride into camp.

"It's Charles!" Sadie yelled from the distance. You quickly made your way to the man who practically fell off his horse from exhaustion. "Where's everyone else? What the hell happened?" You asked him.

"Here, sit." Sadie said to him pulling up a chair. Charles sat and wiped the sweat dripping from his forehead. "Where are the rest of you boys?" Sadie asked him.

"It was bad." Was the first thing Charles said. Your face went pale. You were nervous to hear what happened. "Hosea and Lenny... they were killed. And John was arrested."

"No..." you whispered. Dutch promised you no one would get hurt. "What about everyone else?" You asked, even though you weren't sure if you wanted to hear the answer. You hadn't noticed that most of the gang had surrounded Charles.

"They have the gold. Dutch was leading them to one of the boats at the dock. Pinkertons were all over the place, so I distracted them while the others ran. I was able to slip away, but it won't be long until they find us." Charles finished explaining. The group was quiet, taking in everything they were told. Everyone's hearts hurt for Hosea and Lenny.

"We have to get out of here, and fast. Tomorrow I'll find somewhere we can set up camp, at least until the boys get back. Charles, y/n, will you join me?" Sadie asked. You and Charles both nodded in agreement.

"Everyone rest tonight, we can worry about this in the morning." Sadie said, shooing everyone back into camp. You could hear Abigail crying in the distance about John. You could also hear multiple conversations about Hosea and Lenny. Unconsciously, you made your way into the house and up to Dutch's room. You laid down on the bed and hugged his pillow. You missed him so much. You hated the way things were left, and now you had no idea when, or if, you'd see him again.

You looked over to the night stand to see the ring Dutch usually wore on his middle finger. It was black and gold, with a large "D" on it. You took the necklace you usually wore off, and put the ring on the chain. You put the necklace back on and sighed.