A Letter

(I have no knowledge of swords so if you think of anything better please tell me)

~FIVE YEAR AGO~

*clang* *clang*

I take in the sound of swords clashing as I parry my pupils attack,

"Don't take your eyes off your opponent!" I say after her eyes started to wander. Feeling ashamed she loosened her grip on her sword, giving the opportunity to pull her sword away from her

She is a fast learner but her mental game need works.

I quickly secure my victory and start pointing out a few things we will need to work on.

"You've been off since this morning according to you mother. She thought a break from your manners class might help. Clearly switching to self-defence wasn't the right choice of action either."

Sighing Anne looks at me and asks

"Y/N what do you think about arranged Marriage?"

Shocked at her question I answer "That honestly depends on what aspect you're thinking of"

"Well mother and father don't know it, but i was listening to the maids gossip about me and how 'I will get married to some rich nobleman and not need my classes with you'. "

I roll my eyes at the notion

"You will need it at some point maybe not now, but when you get attacked while visiting some noble one day. You will be thanking God your parents had the sense to find someone to teach you how to defend yourself."

"I suppose but you never answered my question."

I think for a while and answer "Whether or not it is arranged doesn't truly matter as long as you love each other."

Giving one more word of advice I tell her

"Even if it was arranged, give the other person a chance, it may have been they didn't like the idea themselves. If you honestly try to get along you'll find you will enjoy it much more."

Thinking back to my own marriage I look towards a random tree. It had been two years since he died but it still stung to think of it.

Thats what happens when you love someone.

"Sounds like your talking from experience."

Anne's word draw me out of my thoughts.

I give her the best smile I can muster

"Just promise me that you'll give them a chance."

"I promise"

~PRESENT DAY~

Taking a swig from my cup I read my old students letter

"Looks like she kept her promise."

Thinking back to that day I stand up and grab my bag, My pet hawk flying to me as I hold my empty arm for her to sit on

"Come along Aimee we have a Queen to visit"

(*standing a corner* WAS THAT GOOD??!?!?!)