Chapter Ten.

The whistle blew indicating the beginning of the match. Akari's eyes flashed a bright blue before she smirked and charged towards the opponent's team, swiping the ball immediately.

"Oh my! Just as Sunstorm Junior High makes the first move, Kiyosumi Academy's Akari Takahashi, takes possession of the ball immediately!"

Akari moved up the field towards the opposing goal, dodging defenders left and right. Today was different and Akari knew that. For some reason, she just felt pumped up and more energetic that all the other days but it didn't matter. As long as it doesn't tarnish her team's performance, she doesn't mind.

"Akari-san pass it here!" Akira waved over from across her.

Nodding, Akari dodged one more defender before passing the ball to her white haired friend. Akira moved up with the ball as well and performed Dark Vortex scoring the first point for Kiyosumi Academy.

"Nice one Akira-san." Akari nodded her head in approval with a cheeky grin on a face.

Akira smirked back at her, "I play to impress only you my dear princess."

Walking towards her, he grabbed her hand placing soft kiss on the back of it. Akari blinked and blushed before removing her hand from his grasp, flustered. "Okay okay. No more flirting from you, you big boke."

"Boke? I'm wounded Akari." Akira placed a hand on his heart, feigning hurt.

"Idiot." Akari mumbled under her breath but smile nonetheless.

They headed back to their team and took their positions once again. The game resumed and Akari was scoring goals as if her life depended on it. Well not exactly her life but her spot in the finals was very important so yeah. Although the opposing team managed to score three points against them, Akari made sure they were in the lead.

"Infinite Darkness!"

"Gooooaaalll!!! The match ends with Takahashi Akari managing to score the eighth point, just seconds before the end! What an amazing match folks!"

"Nice work captain." Akira nodded his head towards his beautiful captain, who had a towel draped around her neck and a water in hand.

"Thanks bro. Now I gotta go," Akari stood up, heading towards the exit, "Outei Tsukinomiya and Seishou Academy are having a match against each other and I don't want to miss all of it!"

Keeping on her jacket, Akari rushed towards the stadium, making sure not to bump into bypassers. As she reached the match, she found Asuto and his friends.

"Asuto-kun!" Akari waved.

The said male looked back to find the blunette. "Oh Akari-san! You came!"

Akari went and stood next to Anna, sending her a smile which she returned. "What'd I miss?"

Ootani pointed towards the scoreboard and let's just say, Akari was surprised. Seishou Academy was losing? 3-0? That didn't sound like the Haizaki and Kidou she knew. Turning towards the Raimon members, her look of shock still present on her face.
"What's going on? How is Seishou losing? I thought these two teams both had high ranks!"

"We're just as surprised as you are. Is Outei Tsukinomiya really this good?" Michinari glanced at the field.

"Haizaki-kun..." Asuto trailed, very worried about what might happened.

Both Akari's and Anna's gaze were on the tactical emperor. "What are you hiding Nosaka Yuuma?" Akari thought as her gaze subconsciously hardened. Something was not right about him, the entire match. Her gut was telling her that something bad was about to happen, Luna sensed it as well.