•Five•

Hank had ordered Jay to take Marco back to his apartment while the rest of the team continues to work on the case. As you could imagine, Jay was hesitant, but agreed as Marco needed somewhere to call home, he couldn't stay in the break room while they continued to search for Olivia.

"Is mommy meeting us here?" Marco asked Jay as they entered his apartment.

Jay's heart sunk, he knew that the little boy wouldn't understand what was going on, and didn't know what excuse to give. He was new to this parent thing, and the detective was still trying to get his head around everything that had been going on the last 2 days. Halstead had lost Erin as his girlfriend, became a father, and realised the mother of his child had been lying to him since the day she left.

"She'll be here soon," Jay smiled at his son, he didn't know what else to say but hoped Olivia would be home sooner rather than later and alive.

Climbing into bed next to Marco, as he didn't have his own bed or room yet, Marco shuffled closer to his father and snuggled into his chest, goodnight Jay."

Jay smiled as he kissed Marco on the head, "goodnight son," he whispered. It was only 7pm but after the long day Marco had, especially after seeing someone shot dead in front of him, the little boy was tired.

A loud scream caused Jay to jump up off the sofa, interrupting his Hawks game. He ran into the bedroom and saw Marco sat up crying. "Hey buddy, what's up?" he asked, as he brought his son into a cuddle.

"I had a bad dream," the three year old whimpered.

Jay sighed, "try and think about a happy place okay?"

"Like what?" Marco asked.

"Did your mommy ever take you to the beach?"

The young boy shook his head, "we always went to a place in the woods."

"In the woods?" Jay asked, puzzled as Olivia was never a woods kind of girl.

"Yes, daddy had a cabin in the woods!" Marco smiled.

Jay let out a large sigh, hearing Marco call Raul his daddy hurt Jay even more than Olivia keeping Marco a secret. He knew it was going to be so hard for a 3 year old to understand that he was his dad. "Stay right here Marco," Jay said to his little boy before running to phone his brother, Will.

•••

Will soon arrived, "I don't know when I'll be back, just please look after him and I'll explain everything when I get back."

Will looked as puzzled as ever, he couldn't believe his brother was now a father and Olivia was the mother. The girl who broke Jay's heart 3 years ago. "Okay okay," Will stopped Jay in his tracks, "just make sure you bring Liv home safe."

Jay nodded and turned to look at Marco, "be good for my brother, and I'll be back soon."

Marco smiled and asked, "with mommy too?"

Jay didn't know what to say, he didn't want to get Marco's hopes up, "mommy will be home soon." And with that he left, and headed to the District to give his team the only clue they had.

•••

"Jay what are you doing here?" Erin asked as she saw her partner running up the stairs, and heading straight into Voight's office, where Erin followed him.

"Jay-," Hank started as he saw one of his detectives.

"I think I know where Olivia is."

"So Marco told me, Raul used to take him and Olivia to a cabin in the woods," Jay started briefing the team in the bullpen. "Records show one of Raul's lieutenants Pepe, the guy in the video, owns a cabin near Evergreen Park which happens to be where CCTV have spotted a car with no plates this afternoon entering the park and heading towards the cabins. There is only a one way in, one way out road so it will be easy to cover road exits." Jay finished, glancing over at Voight who continued briefing the team.

"We know Raul won't hesitate to fire upon seeing us, we need to be prepared for the worst but taking him in the darkness will give us an advantage as he won't see us coming."

The team nodded, and all walked off downstairs to the garage to gear up for the breach.

•••

"In position Sarg," Ruzek spoke into his phone, as he and Atwater and Dawson approached from the woods towards the back entrance of the Cabin.

"There's movement, I can see 2 offenders," Dawson spoke.

"We don't breach until we have a clear visual on Raul Jimenez," Voight told his team. Halstead was with Lindsay and Burgess who were approching from the road that lead up to the cabin. Voight and Alvin were stationed in the car in the shadows.

"Sarg, I have sight on Jimenez," Dawson informed the team.

"Move in!" Voight shouted, and his team did just that.

Jay was first to breach, dropping the first guy he saw as he drew his gun, followed by Ruzek and Lindsay dropping two other members of the Cartel in the main room of the cabin. "Clear," the team shouted throughout the cabin, and approched the door at the end of the hallway.

"Raul Jimenez if you're in there, come out with your hands up!" Dawson shouted.

"Don't make us come in!" Jay shouted, before giving a nod to Atwater to knock the door down.

Olivia knew that voice, her head snapped up looking at the door as she regained hope into being saved and seeing her little boy again. "Dumb bitch, should've killed you as soon as I found out," Raul kicked Olivia across the floor as he knew his time was limited. He contemplated killing the both of them before the police entered the room, but before he could even raise his gun, the unit came storming through the door.

Atwater and Ruzek tackled the head of the Cartel to the floor, leaving Olivia to form tears in her eyes. She couldn't believe she made it through the ordeal alive, as soon as her cover was blown, she was sure she was dead and that Marco would've been left to be raised by Raul.

Jay entered the room followed by Dawson and Lindsay and his eyes met Olivia's for the first time in over 3 years. Jay bent down and carefully removed the tape from Olivia's mouth, and untided the knots her hands were bound in. Holding a hand out, Olivia took it and slowly stood up and gently smiled at her babies father.

"Is Marco okay?" Olivia asked, staring into Jay's eyes, she didn't have any idea of Jay or even the whole team knowing who Marco was, and that Jay was his real father.

Jay nodded, "Will's looking after him at my apartment."

Olivia looked puzzled, "what?"

"I know Marco's is my child Livi, we found him at a house while looking for you," Jay spoke as he touched Olivia's arm.

As the team started to exit the room, taking Raul into custody, and following up on the identities of the other members of the Cartel who had been shot dead, Jay and Olivia found themselves left alone.

"Jay, I'm-," Olivia stuttered, she didn't want Jay to find out that way, she wished she'd told him sooner, but nothing could be changed now, she had to live with what she had done and it pained her too.

"I'm just so glad you're alive Livi, not for this unit but for Marco," Jay pulled Olivia into a hug, "because I wouldn't be able to be a good father knowing you weren't here to help me become one."

••••••••••••••••

If you're reading this, you're doing great and you're going to get through this weird period of our lives💫

Also if you're enjoying the story, leave a vote or add a comment to let me know how it is for you :)