Chapter 1: The Beginning

1405, Aokigahara, Japan:

Deep into the endless forest consisting of many ancient trees, a young girl was laying on the soft green grass. Her body bare, barely a white undergarment silk dress covering her pale body. Her hair had the unusual colour of magenta-pink and reached little past her shoulder. She was sleeping peacefully, her front against the ground and her face gracing a small smile.

As she moved her head, the tip of the fresh morning grass tickled her nose. Her skin wrinkled slightly and she shook her head ever so little to get rid of the peculiar sensation. However, the grass kept tickling her and forced her to open her eyes slowly and see what was causing that feeling.

Orange-amber eyes opened and almost glowed for a moment as they inspected her surroundings. Lifting her body slowly, she moved her head left and right as she tried to understand where exactly she was.

Blinking, her eyebrows frowned slightly and she twisted her body in order to get up. Her left hand went to touch the ground but touched something furry and soft instead. With a gasp, she drew it back and wiped her head towards it, curious and scared as to what she had touched.

Her frown grew deeper as she spotted an orange fox tail with a white tip. Her eyes trailed it back to the source only to see that it was attached to her rear. With a yelp, she jumped on her feet and almost lost her balance from the sudden and unstable landing.

Taking a turn to the left and then to the right, she watched as the tail followed her and proved she was not just imaging stuff. Coming to a halt, she managed to grab it and giggled at the smooth sensation of the fur.

She brought it up to her cheek, rubbing her skin against it and find it amusing that she actually had a tail. She dropped the tail and her hands went to her head, wondering if there was something more that she had.

She smiled and giggled louder once she managed to grab the furry fox ears on top of her head. But wait, did that mean she had no normal ears? Her hands quickly went to her temples and she felt human ears as well but no sensation or sound coming from them.

Weird, she thought and looked around for any sign of civilization.

There was none, just the trees and her. She slowly started to walk towards the sound of running water, her throat feeling dry and sore. Plus, where there was water there was a village close by, right?

She walked and walked, her bare feet barely making any sound as they crushed the grass beneath her feet. The grass blades almost tickled her between her toes, and she had a smile as she took n the beauty of the place.

She didn't know where she was or better who she was, but she believed that she could find answers if she found others. Her smile grew once she took sight of a running and peaceful river, fish swimming in its crystal waters.

She knelt by the bank, sitting on her knees before looking into it. Tilting her head to the side, she noticed she had three whisker-like marks on her cheeks and when she grinned, she noticed sharp white canines.

Giggling, she started to make different faces and roaring sounds at her reflection which mimicked her. Her giggles turned to laugher and she quickly decided to have a jump into the water.

The cold water felt nice and welcoming but barely seemed to affect her body. Instead, it soothed her flaming core. Opening her eyes, she started to swim under the surface and looking at the fishes passing by.

They were not scared of her, instead, they swam casually by her side. She swam but then felt the need for air, so she made her way up. Swimming towards the bank, she managed to pull her body up only to feel a sudden change at the proportions. Looking down, she jumped on the air before landing as she was met with white furry fox paws.