"Oh yeah?" Krey looked down. The outside world reflected in Pip's blue eyes. "Feeling any different?"

"Yes." Pip didn't have to think twice about answering. "You're in my head all the time. I'm convinced I can feel a strain when you're away from me. I can't stop thinking about you. I want to be with you all the time, um, basically I just feel so good when you're right here. That's probably what it feels like for humans to be in love, but this just... this is more." Pip looked up, blushing when Krey's nose skimmed his cheek. "I feel less confused about my life now. I no longer worry about the future. Meeting you has somehow clicked everything into place. I can't explain it well, b-but It's like I'm looking at my life through clearer eyes."

"Do you feel more spiritual?" Krey asked, staring at Pip's parted lips. His wolf stirred within, wanting to be with him.

"Maybe. I'm not sure. Should I-"

Pip was interrupted by the door opening.

Krey's head snapped in the direction of whoever dared to walk in unannounced. "Mother," he growled. "What the fuck do you want?"

Makena ignored him, tilting her head at the way Pip tucked cutely against Krey. Her son held the human as though they had been apart from years, not just a few hours. She smiled. "I was told to tell you it's ready- whatever that means."

Krey got up immediately, lifting Pip with him.

"What's ready?" Pip asked.

Makena double glanced at Krey's sudden cheeky grin, not remembering the last time she saw him smile. It suited his face and made him seem far more approachable. Krey quickly turned away, so she couldn't gawk. The smile was gone as fast as it arrived.

"You'll see, come on." Krey engulfed Pip's small hand with his large one and pulled him down the corridor. Makena followed curiously as Krey passed the stairwell, continuing to the end of the corridor, then turning left.

They stopped outside a crooked wooden door with a rusted handle. An Omega hovered by the door, grinning wide.

Words saying 'the attic' had been carved into the wood.

"Open the door," Krey commanded. The door creaked painfully on old hinges. Pip's eyes rounded with wonder when light streamed from the other side. The door revealed a small narrow wooden staircase. Fairy lights had been wrapped around the banister, lighting the stairs with a delicate creamy glow.

"I have to cover your eyes," Krey said, looming behind Pip. He placed hands over his eyes and bent down to whisper. "Don't worry. It's a nice surprise."

Pip trusted Krey completely and allowed him to guide him to the first step. Of course, pip tripped. If it weren't for Krey holding onto him, he would've face-planted the wood.

"Careful," Krey warned, helping him up the stairs, one step at a time. The space was not only thin, but narrow, Krey's hair skimmed the slanted ceiling and his shoulders brushed the walls. The stairs were not accommodating for werewolves, but they were perfect for little Pippor Monty.

Each step creaked louder than the previous one until they reached the top.

Pip couldn't see anything; he could only feel Krey's warmth all around him. He's excited, I don't know how I know that. Pip was starting to separate Krey's feelings from his own.

Someone then gasped behind them. Pip guessed it was Makena. His curiosity spiked through the roof until his heart pounded anxiously in his chest.

"Are you ready," Pip heard Krey breathe into his ear.

"I-I think so." Krey then removed his hands from Pip's eyes. They took a moment to adjust to the light of the setting sun streaming through the skylights, and the lamps dotted around the attic. No, pip thought. This isn't an attic. He shared a gasp of his own. Looking at the beanbags, couches, a little table with a kettle and teabags, and most importantly, the rows and rows of bookshelves. "It's a library!"