Chapter 48

Pip had managed to calm himself by the time they moved from the field and towards the canteen. Krey had put his t-shirt back on, but walked so closely behind Pip, he felt Krey's chest occasionally touching the back of his head.

"I'll go for a shower," Krey said, stopping by the doors to the canteen. Makena glanced around when they stopped. Krey scowled at her, so she left them to talk by themselves. Well, without her prying ears. Other werewolves poured in through the corridor too, hungry after training. "You can either sit with mum and Francis or come with me and wait in the bedroom."

Pip wanted to go with Krey, but he feared he would miss the chance to make friends or be comfortable around everyone if he glued himself to Krey's side. I'm not a weak human, Pip thought, stepping away. "I-I'll sit with your mum and Francis."

Krey stood tall, seeming impressed. "I won't be long."

"Oh wait," Pip grabbed his arm. His skin was hot. "Um," Pip rolled back and forth on his heels. "I can't remember your mum's name."

Krey put his hands behind his back and turned them to fists to stop himself from dragging Pip back to the bedroom. Pip's cuteness was getting harder to simply observe, and not devour Pip in kisses.

Krey glanced down the corridor. Most of the werewolves filtered down the hall or into the canteen, so Krey stepped closer. He leaned down and said, "her name's Makena."

"Makena," Pip repeated, smiling with rosy cheeks.

Krey looked around his face and moved close for a kiss. At the same time, pip stepped back.

"Oh," Pip chuckled. His rosy cheeks darkened. "S-Sorry, I um, I didn't um-" Pip jumped closer when Krey started to stand up straighter. Pip grabbed Krey's cheeks and caught his lips before they were too high to reach.

Pip kissed him once, then awkwardly backed away, chuckling nervously as the blush spread across his entire face. "I'll go and, and um, get breakfast now." Pip quickly spun and hurried through the double doors.

Krey stood still, watching the door wobble back and forth with the tingle of Pip still lingering on his lips.

Don't smile, don't smile, fuck.

Krey hurried down the corridor. The stairs were empty, but he still covered his mouth. He stormed up them two at a time. Why is he so fucking cute?

Krey climbed and climbed until he reached the third floor. He did his best to scowl at the guard and sauntered the rest of the way to his bedroom.

Krey slammed the door behind him and leaned against the coats hanging on the back of the door.

Alone, and free to show whatever emotion he pleased, he thought of Pip and his blush and the way he grabbed his cheeks for a kiss.

Krey peeled himself from the door and on his way the bathroom, he smiled and shook his head. "That boy," he mumbled.

* * * * *

Pip sat with Makena and Sid and Francis. He wasn't very hungry, but Francis had gotten him a cup of tea and a yoghurt. He was grateful enough to eat and sip the tea, though Pip had a hard time concentrating.

He kept thinking of Krey and checking the door whenever someone entered.

"So," Makena said pushing her empty plate aside. "Pippor. Do you have anything smart to wear for the annual meeting?"

"Um..." Pip glanced to Francis. "N-Not really." He didn't want to say that he barely owned any clothes, never mind a shirt and smart trousers.

"Krey asked me to go into Crescent Town to pick up some things for you, Pip," Francis said. "I'll talk to you about it before I go."