Part Eleven

33 HOURS INTO THE THEFT

Rosé had a knee to her chest and looked over to the opening door knowingly.

She smiled when Yoongi just stared with a dumfounded look, "what?" he asked.

"Sometimes on Tv, people like you show up."

Yoongi lazily held his machine gun in his arms, "people like me?"

Rosé had a smug expression on her face, "thieves."

She shifted against the wall, "but this doesn't suit you much, maybe it's not your thing."

"Why not?"

"How you hold the gun."

Yoongi moved the gun in his hands while staring at her dubiously. He shrugged.

"I thought you were the daughter of the ambassador, not Rambo."
He crouched next the her with gun in his lap.

"Well, my father always wanted a son and ever since I was 5, he brought me to shooting ranges."

"To shoot? At what, cotton candy?"

She let out a laugh, "at wild pigs, red deer, antelopes..."

Yoongi had an amused grin on his face trying to imagine her doing such things.

"...but what my dad liked to catch was ecologists" She let out a chuckle, to which Yoongi frowned slightly.

"But I don't like weapons." She stared at the heavy metal against Yoongi's chest.

Yoongi discharged his gun and said, "Don't worry, you have nothing to fear here."

Juan's temple burned dangerously hot as the doctor carefully checked his wound. "The bullet is in sight."

Namjoon found himself holding his breath as he watched the doctors, knowing full well he looked suspicious doing nothing on the side.

"It hasn't affected any vital organs..." The doctor patted Juan gently on the hand, "No one's going to die from this."

Juan's eyes rolled back in relief. The doctor felt the rim of a gun press into his back. He turned around, slightly startled.

"Stop stalling."

Denver didn't have time for the diagnostics.

"Anaesthetic"

Denver moved to pass over the anaesthetic.

Jennie was losing blood, and if he didn't rob the scalpel quick enough, saving her life would've been for nothing.

"What anaesthetic are you going to give?" Kai was eager to learn, and to Denver, that was far too eager.

"Uh setbacks to total sedation"

"No"

The doctor stilled.

"...better to give him local anaesthetic. That way my friend Juan and I can have a little chat during the procedure right, Juan?"

As Yoongi left the room, Rosé eyed the discharged gun in a strange manner. Yoongi had only left for a moment to look over the balcony of the hall and follow the shouts of Juan's voice. As he turned back to go inside the room, his breath hitched.