Part Three

"It's just that I don't understand why papá can't come tomorrow for my birthday"

The little girl had a pout on her face as she continued to colour in the drawing on the table. The family was outside in the garden enjoying the warm sun.

"I've already told you Minyu"
Jungkook tucked a strand of her overgrown fringe behind her ear. "A judge took away custody and now I'm going to be the one who's looking after you"

Jungkook looked to see if Minyu seemed anymore upset but she just continued to look down at her paper.

"It wasn't a judge" she rose her voice slightly as she turned to Jungkook.

He made a face of surprise "it wasn't?"
She shook her head, "no"
Jungkook rose a brow at her stubbornness, "then who was it?"

Minyu dropped her pencils, "it was you, you didn't want him to come to my birthday" She turned to the zoned out lady beside her. "Isn't that right abuela?"

The grandma hesitated watching how Jungkook immediately looked away. "Uh, well, you see, your fathers aren't on good terms right now, don't worry you'll see how quickly they make up"
The grandma gave a reassuring smile but the girl still didn't understand why her dad couldn't come to her birthday of all things.

Jungkook interjected before his mum could come up with even more lies. "Mamá please"

Merely a second later his phone began to ring. The grandma tried not to roll her eyes. She always said he worked too much but he never listened. His eyes looked worn out and face had it's usual flush of pink and yet he continued to run around surviving on 7 cups of coffee to get through the day. Jungkook's mother still found it surprising how not once she could find a crease on his day to day suit. The daughter just went back to her drawing, knowing full well her dad probably wouldn't keep her company for much longer that day.

Jungkook got up from the table as he answered the phone.

"Namjoon"

"Jungkook, I know it's your day off but we have a theft involving hostages going on. The people who raided the place have tried to leave with the money but they couldn't"

Jungkook silently took in the information.

"They injured two police officers...it's in the National Factory of  Money and Timbre, and I want you to lead the case"

Jungkook looked back towards his daughter and mother. His mum was staring at him.

Jungkook turned away and bit his lip.

"Send me a car"

Namjoon knowing Jungkook would say this had already been prepared. "It's at the door"

_____

"Explain to me what the fuck was that"

Jimin was on the cold marble and had his arms wrapped around his knees, gently rocking his body back and forth. Jackson's shouts didn't seem to penetrate through him. His hands felt clammy and vision was distorted between his own feet and Yoongi's once frozen body.

__
8 hours into the raid

"Fucking explain! Where did your head go?!"
Jackson's face was red from the quick movements of moving his facial muscles so much just to see if he could get some kind of reaction out of Jimin. Jimin continued to look down at his feet, ignoring how Jackson spat into the hair covering his face.

"You shot two police men!"

Seokjin was currently disinfecting the wounds on Yoongi's face. "Shh" He was calming him from the sting of alcohol.