Chapter 26

"This is the one controlling him?" Derek smirked from the station floor. "This kid?"

"Well Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad werewolf" he stated as everyone stared at the disturbed teenager "Oh yeah, that's – that;s right. I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, hunters, kanimas. It's like a frickin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?"

"Abominable snowman" Stiles stated, rage filling his body as he turned towards the man holding Maggie hostage "But, uh, it's more of, like, a wintertime thing, you know, seasonal"

Quickly, Jackson brought his hands to Stiles neck, scraping his venom infected claw across hos soft skin and allowing him to fall to the floor in a heap. He landed directly on top of the paralyzed werewolf.

"You bitch" he mumbled into Derek's chest, now unable to move any body part from the neck down.

"Get him off me!" Derek demanded, his eyes drifting back and forth between Stiles and Matt.

"Oh I don't know Derek. I thin k you two make a pretty good pair. It must kinda suck, though to have all that power taken away from you with just a little cut to the back of the neck. I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless" Matt smirked, still hanging on to Maggie's trembling arm.

"Still got some teeth. Why don't you get down here a little closer, huh? We'll see how helpless i am"

"Yeah" Stiles muttered "Bitch"

Matt turned his attention to the door of the station as a fist planted three banks onto the glass. "That's your mom McCall. Do what i tell you to and I won't hurt her. I won't even let jackson near her"

"Scott don't trust him" Maggie stated from her permanent place beside the gun.

"This work better for ya?" Matt questioned, pulling Stiles away from Derek and placing his foot on his chest before pushing down. Stile's face turned red as he gasped for air. The dirty shoe on his chest only pushed down harder if he moved.

"No please" Maggie begged, grabbing Matt's arm and attempting to pull him away.

"Okay, just stop! Stop!" Scott yelled before Matt lifted his foot and allowed Stiles to breathe.

"Then do what I tell you" Matt instructed "Jackson, take 'em in there. You two – with me"

Scott pulled the door wide, allowing his mom to see the situation that was unfolding in front of her.

"Mom just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you"

"He's right" Matt sighed before pulling the trigger and pumping a bullet into Scott's abdomen.

"Scot!" Maggie screamed, bending down to help her friend only to be yanked back to her feet, the gun once again directed at her.

"Scott. Stiles! What happened?" the Sheriff yelled from his chained state in the next room.

"But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you" Matt briefly turned the weapon towards Scott's mother. "In there" he demanded, gesturing towards the cell block in which Sheriff Stilinski resided.

"Matt? Matt, listen to me-" Mr Stilinksi started before Matt pressed the gun against Maggie's skin.

"Shut-shut-Shut up! Everybody shut the hell up!Now get up or I shoot her next!" Matt yelled to Scott as he took the safety off the weapon. "Back to the front McCall"

"The evidence is gone. Why don't you just go?" Scott suggested.

"You- you think the evidence mattered that much, huh? No, no, I -I want the book"

"What – What book?"

"The bestiary. Not just a few pages, I want the entire thing"

"We don't have it. It's Gerard's" Maggie said "What do you want it for, anyway?"

"I need answers"

"To what?"

"To this" he stated, grabbing the hem of his shirt and lifting it off to reveal the beginning of the kanimas skin.

"What the hell?" Maggie whispered

"There. You know, I – I feel sorry for you, McCall,'cause right now, you're thinkin', 'How am i gonna explain this when it heels?' and the sad part is, you don't even realize how incredible it is that you actually are healing" Matt growled "'Cause you know what happens to everyone else when they get shot? They die?"

Maggie didn't move. Sheer adrenaline stopped the pain from spreading through her yet she still moved her hand to her stomach and watched the blood seep through her nimble fingers.

"Scott? Scott whats happening?" Stiles yelled from the next room

"Is that what happened to you? You drowned, didn't you?" Scott asked the troubled teenager as he panicked at the site of his bleeding friend.

"Lahey! He shouldn't have let them drink"

"Who was drinking?"

"The swim team you idiot! I didn't know what was happening. Lahey let his favorites come over for a couple of drinks to celebrate. Who cares, if they're 17 right?"

"You were at Isaac's?" Scott asked as he watched the blood stain on Maggie's shirt grow.

"He had this first edition spider man, or was it batman? And we were gonna make a trade. But I hear music and everyone's having a good time, and I see Sean. He throws Jessica into the pool. And then – and then Bennett goes in-"

"Bennett? The hunter?"

"And then Camden. Isaac's jarhead brother, he grabs me. He thinks it's funny"

"They threw you in" Scott mumbled, putting the peices together.

"I yelled that I can't swim, but nobody listens. I go under and I swallow water, and no one cares. And I see these bodies underwater. Jessica's got her hands down Sean's board shorts. Tucker's grabbing Kara. And I'm drowning" Matt cried, his voice getting louder as he spoke "I'm dying and their laughing!"

"Scott..." Maggie breathed, blood making its way up her throat and dripping from the sides of her mouth as she begged her friend for help.

"Next thing, I'm lying by the pool And Lahey, is right above me, and he says, this is your fault. You tell no one. What kind of idiot doesn't know how to swim"

"Isaac you have to let me help her" Scott said desperately, pointing towards his dying friend.

"I didn't. I didn't tell anyone. I would see them at school and they woulnd't even look at me. I'd wake up in the night and gasp for breath. My parents got me an inhaler, they thought I was an asthmatic. They didn't know that everytime I closed my eyes I was drowning" Matt yelled still pointing his gun towards the female, who was now bleeding out on the floor. "But then come Argents funeral, and everything changed. I was taking some photos, and then, purely by accident, Lahey gets in one of them. I look down at the screen on my camera and I had this unbelievable rage, I look at him and I want to see him dead. And the next day he is"

"Matt, she's going to die. Please" Scott begged, tears threatening to stream down his face as Stiles slowly pulled himself into the room. His eyes landed directly on the girl, lying on the floor in a puddle of her own blood, barely awake.

"Well" Matt smirked, hovering over her crimson body "If she's gonna die lets experiment. Lets see what happens when the Kanima bites a human"

Jackson arrived out of nowhere. His scaled tail whipping back and forth as he gripped the girl by her shoulders, dug his claws into her sides and sank his teeth into the crook of her neck.