Chapter 22

"Seriously Lydia, how many outfits do you need?" Maggie laughed as she waded through the mountain of clothes her friends had decided to throw across her bed.

"It;s my birthday part Mags" Lydia smirked as she began to hold outfits up against her slim figure "i'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then after-hours casual"

"I noticed you didn't send out any invites" Allison questions, creating an unwanted awkwardness in the air around them.
"It's the biggest party of the year Allison. Everyone knows" Lydia said sharply, hoping to get rid of the tension in the room. "Maggie, try this on" she continued calmly, as she threw a short black dress towards her peer. Maggie sighed as she rolled her eyes and made her way towards the bathroom at the end of the hall, passing her aunt as she did so.
"Hi Victoria" she smiled as she pushed down the door handle and locked it safely behind her. She slipped off her denim jeans and her dark blue t-shirt before stepping into the tight dress and pulling up over her body. The zip displayed down the right side seemed to close pretty easy as she tugged it slowly up her body. She could feel it glide gracefully up the silk material. The fabric of the dress was long enough to cover half of her calf's, A little too short for her taste, she would much rather be sat in a pair of jeans but a birthday party definitely required a lot more effort. Dresses were really not her thing, but if it meant helping Lydia then she would do anything. Her friends had become the most important thing to her. The old Maggie would have been happy to ignore everyone around her; that girl was long lost.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She placed the punch bowl in the centre of the table before running to answer the door of her friends sanctuary. Upon swinging it open she came face to face with the one boy who longed to protect her, and who she longed to protect in return. She couldn't help but smile.

"Happy birth- Maggie" Stiles breathed, taking in the beauty before him. A small smile appeared on his face "You look, erm..."

Maggie allowed a small chuckle to escape her lips before allowing the boy inside and whispering a "thanks" in return. He dropped the large box to the floor beside her, ensuring the nicely presented bow didn't fall of the top before pressing his soft lips against the skin of her reddening cheeks. He coughed slightly, unsure of what to do next before opening his mouth to speak to the beauty in front of him.

"Have you seen Scott and Allison? I really need to tell you guys what I found" he coughed, his eyes scanning the room quickly. Maggie found herself in situation she never thought she would be in and yet, here it was, making her weak at the knees.

"No. What did you find?" she asked quickly, shutting the door and ushering him into the empty kitchen.

"I figured out it has something to do with water. You know, the fact that all the victims were on the swim team and the way the Kanima reacted around the pool"

"So whoever's controlling the Kanima really hates the swim team?" she asked confused.

"Hated the swim team. Specifically the 2006 swim team, so it could be another teacher or maybe a student from back then?" he continued, waiting for her to help piece together the situation.

"Jackson's not here!" Allison said out of breath, rushing into the room with Scott on tow.

"Yeah, no one's here" Maggie sighed, running a hand through her hair and placing her back against the refrigerator, allowing a much needed break for her feet. "Everyone thinks she's the town wackjob"

"Well we have to do something cause we've completely ignored her for the past two weeks" Allison said urgently.

"I guess I could get the lacrosse team here" Scott suggested as he dialed frantically on his mobile.

"Finally, something useful" Maggie said annoyed as she slammed her cup down on the counter and went to console her friend.

Hey guys

Not the best chapter but i'm building up to a lot of drama in the next few chapters.

- Al