Chapter 21

Stiles slowly lowered himself to Jackson's height, his hands trembling slightly as he steadied himself in the uncomfortable position. His eyes locked onto the monster in front of him. One sudden movement and he could have his neck snapped; he definitely didn't want that. 

"Jackson?" He breathed quietly, trying not to show how terrified he was.

"I'm here. I'm right here with you" Jackson stated, though it didn't sound like him. This voice was dark. Deep. Angry at everything. They matched his eyes perfectly, although they were more empty than anything else.

"Jackson, is that you?" Maggie asked as she stepped closer towards him, only to have Isaac throw a protective arm out in front of her. He shook his head at her causiously, allowing her to process the danger she was in before she risked her life for Stiles. Yet Maggie new all that she was risking. She didn't care. 

"Us. We're all here" Jackson grumbled, his head slightly cocked uncomfortably to the left side.

"Are you the one killing people?" Stiles questioned. 

"We're the ones killing murderers" 

"So all the people you've killed so far we-" 

"Deserved it" Jackson growled. 

"See we have a little rule book that says you only go after murderers" Maggie states as she removed Isaac's arm from in front of her and approached the shell of Jackson that was slouched on the chair. 

"Anything can break if enough pressure is applied"

"Is the people you're killing are all murderers?" She questioned, confused at the riddle that was unravelling before her.  

Jackson's fingers were slowly starting to move, claws pushing through his darkening skin as he spoke. "All. Each. Every one"

"Well who did they murderer?" Stiles asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Me"

"Wait what?" Maggie gasped, placing a firm hand on Stile'a shoulder pleading him to move away from Jackson.

"They murdered me" he snarled as he slowly rose from the chair. His hands tightened into fists and his eyes changed to a sickly orange colour. Frantically his head snapped from side to side. One. Two. Three.     

Shit

"Stiles move!" Maggie yelped, grabbing the hem of his leather jacket and pulling him towards the door of the hollow container. "Out. Everybody out!" 

She placed a firm hand on the cold door, slamming it harshly behind as Stiles gripped her soft hand protectively. His thumb quickly traced the veins on the front of her wrist, her racing heartbeat rattling through to his own finger tips. He new she was scared; hell, he was scared but he was determined to keep  her safe