Chapter 8

Two days have passed and each club had started their works, Paige has been with Lily every day, practicing the dance they've chosen.

They've finished their practice for the day so Paige and Lily are now walking towards the school gate when Paige remembered something, it's been 4 days since the incident with Katie at the club.

"Hey, Lily, I just remembered, I don't see Katie anymore ever since what happened at the club, "

Lily seemed bothered, "Ah, yeah me too, maybe she changed her club, " she shrugged, "why did you ask?"

"Oh, nothing, I just remembered, " Paige looked at Lily before continuing, " but it's good tho, she won't bother you again"

Lily looked at her and smiled, but her smile didn't reach her eyes. Paige didn't pay attention to it since she's thinking it was because they're tired.

"Since tomorrow is Saturday, why don't we practice at our house, but who's house?" Lily suggested.

"Umm, my dad sometimes bring his work home at weekends so I don't know if he will tomorrow"

"Oh, okay, to my house then, it's only me and my sister and I don't think she would bother us since she always stays in her room."

"Mmm, okay where should we meet?"

"Let's just meet here at the school gate"

Paige agreed so they bid goodbye and went separate ways.

~~~

Paige arrived at her home and saw her father so she greeted him,

"Hey, Dad, " She walked and hugged her father.

"You go home late nowadays huh?" Her father said as he noticed the time.

"I have to practice a dance, Dad, it's for the school club."

"Oh, my daughter's a dancer now?" Her Dad tease Paige.

"No~ I just chose the wrong club, " Paige's dad just nodded while smiling and went back to work, " New case?" She asked as she saw the papers in front.

Her Dad nodded, " I was actually going to ask you if you know someone named Katie? " He looked at Paige

"There's a lot of people named Katie, Dad, which Katie?" Paige asked, "and Dad also said that I shouldn't be involved with your works, why are you asking me now?"

Her Dad passed her a picture, " cause she's from your school, " after he said that, Paige looked at the picture, " I just want to know if you know or saw her since you're from the same school."

Paige was shocked when she saw who is in the picture "What happened to her?" It's the same Katie that she and Lily were talking about earlier.

"She was missing for about 4 days now"

"And they just found out now?!"

"They thought that she was just staying with her friends since that's what she always does, but when they called her friends, they said that they haven't seen her either."

"Is that why she doesn't show up at the club now?" Paige thought to herself.

"Do you have any clue where she is now?" 

Her father looked at Paige a little confused, " uhh, for now, no we don't, all we know is that she is last seen at your school."

Paige started gathering her stuff.

"Why? You know her?"

Paige stood up to leave before answering, " umm, kind off, bye now dad I'm just gonna do my homework " she smiled at her dad and hurried to the stairs.

Her dad was confused, "Hey Paige, I already told you not to get involve with my work right?!"

"I won't!" Paige shouted when she's already upstairs. Her Dad just shook his head.

~~~

Paige went to her room and sat at her bed, she picked out her phone and started chatting at their group chat, the one where only girls are there,

Paige:
"Hey, guys, have you seen Katie these past days?"

Mina:
"Katie?"

Anne:
"Who's Katie?"

Jane:
"No, I haven't, why?"

Paige remembered that only Jane know who Katie is, so she decided to talk to Jane only.

Paige:
"Hey Jane"

Jane:
"What's up? What happened to Katie?"

Paige:
"Did you already tell your father about her?"

Jane:
"No, not yet"
"Why?"

Paige:
"What about Ian?"
"Did he tell his father?"

Jane:
"No, you said that we should not tell it"
"Just to scare her"
"So what actually happened?"

Paige:
"She went missing"

Jane:
"What?!"
"Really?!"
"How did you know that?"

Paige:
"I'll tell you when I have time"

Paige went offline

Jane:
"Hey!"
"Tell me!"
"Ugh, fine!"

Jane went offline

Jane and the others are left hanging but Paige didn't care, she can't tell them that she's a daughter of a cop for some unknown reason.

Paige just decided to do her homework just like what she said to her father. Even though she said that she won't get herself involved with her dad's work, "he won't be able to stop me, when he doesn't know it"

She already knows what risk she could encounter being the daughter of a famous cop, she already experienced it but she doesn't care now. She wanted it so she will risk it.

~~~

All night the girls had been bothering her about what she said in their GC that she decided to turn off her phone so they won't be able to reach her. She doesn't want to explain right now, she needs to make things clear first.

After doing her work and before going to bed, she arranged her stuff that she will be needing to being tomorrow when she meets Lily for their dance practice, it's been two days but they are still at the chorus part, well because you know, Paige is still adjusting to it.