Chapter 1 - Ice Cream & Tissues

Maddie's POV :
Coming home, I slam the door shut and stomp upstairs. Mom doesn't even get a chance to talk. My bleeding mascara runs all over the bedsheets but I don't care. I sob and sob and sob until my Mom finally opens the door. "Maddie! Honey!" "GO AWAY!!" I scream. My 5th grade year ended with a crash. A B+ had stuck into the middle of my report card, Ms.Henderson had left for stupid Oklahoma, and ketchup stained my brand new dress. The worst part was, Josh had came to the celebration ceremony, and kissed another girl; Alyssa. She's a stuck up girl from Candy Apples and was in Ms.Henderson's homeroom. Mackenzie was knocking on the door after a few minutes. " What do you want Kenz?" "How was your ceremony?" "ARGHHHH!" "Okay, okay!" She runs off. I stay in my room for hours until dinner came around. Taco Tuesday was hard to resist.
Kendall's POV :
While munching on my spaghetti, I didn't stop thinking about Maddie. I felt so bad. "Mom, can you drive me over to Maddie's after dinner?" Her face looks a little confused. "But honey, you just saw her at the celebration, didn't you?" I sigh. "But Moooom!" "Fine I'll drive you over." My face spreads with a satisfied grin. "But finish your dinner first." She reminds me. With a few sloppy swallows I finish my meal and run for the freezer. "Kendall! What are you doing?" My Mom exclaims. "Ice cream, DUH." I pick up a tub of chocolate chunk ice cream and prepare two fat spoons and a box of tissues. Then I wait patiently for Mom to finish.