~9~

What can I make that's simple but good. Grilled cheese? That wouldn't taste good cold.

Sandwich? That seems bad. I wanna do something interesting.

A bento box? Would that be too nerdy? He might like old anime cartoons. I hope.

You got cooking. Making rice and of course cutting shapes out of fruits. Making watermelon shaped stars. And adding to the small bento box. It's a small box that you had gotten back in middle school. Seeing you liked Japanese culture since then. You made rice balls and added cut veggies to form a panda shape. You just added what other things you could make. Trying your best to fill the box and making it presentable. You also just threw small cookies into one of the boxes.

It looked okay but you were shy. You felt embarrassed about switching lunches now. Maybe you could just buy something on way?

You sighed and just grabbed the lunch and placed it in your bag. You left the home you had your school clothes on and saw Stu waiting by your gate.

"Ello princess" Stu smirked.

"Shut it" you smiled.

"You like being called that don't deny it." He smiled as we walked towards school.

"You just like teasing me" you smirked back.

"Well I can't lie, yew look rather cute when you blush like that" Stu smiled.

"I'm not blushing! I have makeup on" you raised a brow.

"Then yewr makeup looks lovely princess" he smiled.

"I can never win with you huh?" You crossed your arms.

"Nope!" Stu said.

" I heard teachers are gonna check the classes, should we clean up the room? And once they leave we can exchange lunches?" You said

"Are they really? Hmm, we have to practice and make it look like we actually do work. Maybe you can pretend I'm teaching you how to play sumthing." Stu said.

"Why?" You asked.

"Well back when it was just me they didn't care who was in the class. But maybe cause you are in the music class they will check up. But we could ask if they will check up in our classroom" Stu said.

"Wouldn't that be strange?" I asked.

"We can say cause we are planning to record a song. And we wouldn't want the to come in and ruin the tape." Stu said.

"Yeah that's not a bad idea actually. Who knew you had a brain in that head of yours" you smirked.

"Very funny princess" Stu rolled his eyes but smiled.

"Would you ever preform with me?" Stu asked.

"Like on a stage? As a duo?" You asked.

"Well of course." Stu says.

"Why do you ask?" You say.

"Well, school dances are a thing. And they always hire a DJ. Maybe we can get paid and play something. Or maybe even play random gigs" Stu says.

"Sounds nice, so you're gonna be the singer okay" you said.

"Huh? You have a rather nice voice as well. Why don't ya be the singer?" He said.

"I don't know. I really don't want to be seen as the lead singer. I rather be in the sidelines. Playing guitar and all" you said.

"Well if it's okay wif yew then I'm happy to be the singer. Yew think I'll be any good at it?" Stu asked.

"You have a great voice. It's very different something we need when everyone sounds the same. Plus I'm sure you have some cool songs up your sleeve!" You shoved Stu's shoulder a bit to show you meant it.

"Thanks luv, maybe we can work on a couple of songs later. Then go to one of the dance planners and give them a small show" he said.

"Sounds good! But, are you going to ask anyone to the dance?" You asked.

You felt shy, deep down in your heart you didn't want to know the answer. You knew that you wished Stu would ask you. But you always had the guilt in your head of what Tom would think or say. You could picture the heartbroken face. You didn't want him to be sad, but you also wanted to be with Stu.

I wanna be with Stu.

"Nope, I don't ask anyone to the dances. Cause I really don't go to them" he said.

"But this time you're going" you responded.

Stu raised a brow "okay princess then who are you taking to the dance your fiance?" He teased.

"Shush, that's a low blow and you know it" you said mad.

"I'm sorry y/n, but I have to be serious with you. What are you thinking?" Stu asked.

He stopped in his tracks and you looked at him. You felt his eyes searching your eyes.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"Y/n, I might be not the best at school. But asking a boy who they are taking to the school dance is a big sign you like them" he smiled.

I like you a lot.

"Okay. I like you. But, I don't know. Things are just complicated" you said. Walking down the sidewalk. To your surprise Stu tagged along.

"How so luv?" He asked.

"I like you, but I still like Tom. I think I do. He's my fiance after all." You said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about this luv, to put you in this situation. I can't help but also say I have feelings for ya" Stu smiled his cheeks turning to a warm glow.

"What does this all mean then? We can still hang out right? This shouldn't have to change things right?" You said worried.

Worried that now Stu might want to be with a girl who wasn't promised to another guy. To someone he could kiss no problem.

"Of course not. We still friends until something happens" Stu says.

"Something happens?" You said.

"Well, I'm not giving up on ya so easily. I said I liked yew and I'm gonna see if yew are someone worth fighting for" Stu said.

"That's the worst pick up line you could have said Stu pot" you smirked. Even though his words warmed your heart.

"Eh! You can only say it's the worst when you aren't blushing luv" he chuckled pinching your cheek like a grandma.

"Easy, my face isn't made of playdough you know" you smiled and the two of you walked up the steps of the school. Going to your first class sitting next to one another.

"Hey maybe if we get paid to play at the dance we can get a new microphone. Or actually buy a banjo" you smiled.

"A banjo?" Stu questions

"Well I thought they look cool. Plus they sound rather nice don't you think?" You said.

"Now I feel like learning how to play a banjo" Stu smiled.

"Okay if that was a pickup line. It's a bit better" you smiled and got your notebook ready to take some notes.