~8~

"That Chinese place is the best food I've ever had" you smiled.

You and Stu got out of the restaurant and we're starting to walk to your home. He was just going to walk you home. You needed to call Tom anyway. You knew you love him, right?

"Well I'd you think that was good. I make a killer ham and cheese sandwich" Stu chuckled.

"I'm sure there's no way to mess up on a ham and cheese sandwich" you giggled.

"You'd be surprised luv, but I make a good one." He winks and you laugh.

"Well maybe one day you should make some. How about Monday we switch lunches?" You smiled.

"Hmmm. I like that. Sounds like a plan." He smiled and pat your head.

"Just you wait I'm gonna make the best lunch ever. Just you watch!" You said skipping up and down.

Stu smiled his cheeks had a red tint.
"Confidence, rather adorable. So where's your home anyway?" He asked looking around seeing he has been following your direction.

"Oh, it's around the corner here. Thanks for the weekend by the way. I would of been stuck at home bored out of my mind." You said.

"Does your mom leave you alone like this? I know some folks wouldn't let there daughter be out for two days alone, especially with a boy." Stu asked.

"Yeah, it's been a long time since this has been a thing. It's okay, it just gives me freedom to go out like this." You sighed.

"Does she tell you for how long she won't be around?" He asks as we all closer to my street.

"No, it can be up to weeks sometimes. But it's okay I've learned to take care of myself. So I don't have to rely on anyone" you said.

"But who do you talk to?" Stu said.

"What?" You looked at him confused at his question.

"I mean, when you are hurt. You feel down. You need someone to talk to. Who do you talk to?" He asked.

"No one. Why would I? Bring someone into my problems no thanks" you sighed.

"It's not that you're bringing someone in your problems. You are talking about your problems to someone. Asking for support or a second opinion. Don't you tell your fiance what bothers you?" Stu asked.

"No" you said quietly.

"I'm sorry about that." Stu said quietly.

"It's okay" you said.

"Well. If you ever need a ear. I'm here, and we can go to that Chinese restaurant afterwards" he chuckled.

"I'd like that. You won me over, that Chinese place was great" you chuckled.

"Well maybe this weekend you wanna go to another good restaurant with me. This dinner sells amazing burgers and has great cake." He says taking a cigarette out.

"It's a plan then. We can maybe work on some songs for fun." You raised a brow.

"Oi, is that what you want? We can always work on it during class in music." He smiled.

"That too but tomorrow you owe me to play one of your songs. You thought I would forget?" You grinned

"Okay okay, you got me. Planned failed, night y/n. See you tomorrow. You want me to walk you to school?" He asked. You were right in front of your home.

"Please! I'll be out at eight. Bye Stu thanks for the weekend" you waved bye and walked to your home. You placed your bag you had on the ground and walked to your room.

The home was cold and dark. Like if no one lived there. Empty of human life. You sighed you didn't like being alone. You would think you would of gotten use to being alone by now.

You went up to your room and headed into the shower. You changed into some comfortable clothes and sat in your bed brushing your hair and then the phone rang.

"Hello" you said as you picked it up.

"Y/n?" Yelled Tom. He sounded relived to hear your voice.

"Tom? What's wrong?" You asked.

"What do you mean what's wrong? I been calling you since Friday and no one ever picked up. I thought something happened" he said he was upset.

You felt bad.

"Im sorry. I was at a sleep over with a friend." You said.

"Well I would of liked a noticed. I was worried and thought about driving to check up on the home." He said.

"I'm sorry about making you worry like that Tom." You said in a sad tone.

"It's okay, I'm glad you're safe." He said.

You just talked about what you did over the weekend. Of course leaving out Stu. And the fact that your friend is a boy.

Tom would be upset that I was alone with a boy for a couple of days. I feel bad. And feel guilty for lying to him.

"Hey Tom?" You said.

"Yes y/n?" Tom spoke

"Why do you love me?" You asked.

"Why? Oh cause you're my fiance of course. Why else wouldn't I?" He chuckled.

"Well yeah of course, but I mean besides that fact" you said.

"I love you cause you are my fiance, and you make me smile" he said.

That wasn't the answer I expected.

"Really? Me too" you said. Thinking about stu.
Thinking about what he had said earlier.

Why do I not feel butterflies when I call him. I really didn't think about him much over the weekend only when Stu brought him up.

"I should get ready for bed. Night Tom love you" you said.

"Love you too, sweet dreams y/n" he said and you hunged up.

You looked at the ceiling. Thinking about how you almost kissed Stu. Your face heated up and you shoved it down the pillow. Groaning into the pillow. I don't want to feel this way about another guy.

I don't want to break Tom's heart. He's a nice person. I hate to hurt him. But why do I want to get closer to Stu. I can't wait to see him tomorrow. I should feel this way about seeing Tom. Yet I don't really care when he will visit.

What's happening?