•nineteen•

"No effing way!"

"No effing way!"

Grace was sitting on the arm of JJ's chair, his arm casually draped around her, playing with the hem of her shorts discreetly. Her cheeks were slightly rosy as his touch brought back memories from the night before, but she was quickly snapped back to reality as Kie yelled at John B for driving over and bringing Sarah back to the Château.

"You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kie continued as she paced the porch.

John B sent a desperate look over to the other three, asking for help.

"I dunno," Pope muttered in response.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share," JJ added as he pointed at the two of them.

"I mean I'm fine with whatever the group wants," Grace awkwardly shrugged as she played with one of her braids. She wasn't exactly sure if she was allowed to have much of an opinion on the matter considering less than a month ago she was a Kook.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote," Kie raged. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this," Pope supported Kie.

"Thank you!"

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B argued back frowning.

"Well, I don't know. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably," Pope defended himself.

"That's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him," JJ added causing Grace to bite down on the smile that was forming, knowing that it was not the situation to laugh during.

"That's cute guys," John B muttered as he clenched his jaw.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her," Kie sent a glare over towards Sarah, causing the girl to snap.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah snapped back and Grace's eyes widened, not expecting her to have the balls to speak up for herself.

"Then leave," Kie crossed her arms, challenging Sarah.

Sarah just rolled her eyes and scoffed as she looked over at John B, "I told you."

"Told him what exactly?" Kie pressed. "That you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch," Sarah quipped back sharply.

"Oh yeah?"

"When have I lied?"

JJ quickly moved his hand from around Grace and reached into his pocket to grab some money.

"My money's on Kie," JJ whispered to Pope as the two began to place bets.

"Okay guys maybe we should all just take a breather," Grace tried to intervene, awkwardly as she stood up. But the two girls continued to ignore her.