•five•

"Okay," JJ knocked on the motel door a few times as Grace walked to the other side of him

"Okay," JJ knocked on the motel door a few times as Grace walked to the other side of him. "Housekeeping," he squeaked out in a high pitched voice causing Grace to let out a snort.

"Should we try it?" John B asked the other two.

"Yeah," Grace pulled the motel key out of her pocket.

"No power. No security cameras. No one's gonna know." JJ agreed. "Just let me check through the windows one more time."

"Dude, no ones in there," Grace turned the key in the door and pushed it open to JJ's annoyance.

"Jesus Grace let one of us go first, it's not clear," JJ said rushing after her through the door.

"Calm down killjoy, it's an empty motel room" Grace whispered as she started to inspect the room. It had a bag on the stool nearby, some clothes on the bed, and some papers spread out on the nightstand by the table. She walked over to the stool, to check the bag out. JJ followed her over to it, shining his flashlight on it.

"See if there's a name on there somewhere." John B requested as he started to look around the beds.

"We've got a jacket and denim slides. No name on either," JJ took the jacket out of the bag as Grace reached for the slides.

"These are repulsive," Grace scoffed at the slides, disdain all over her face causing JJ to laugh.

"You know those are actually kinda nice. Maybe I'll take them as a souvenir," He reached for the shoes to mess with her.

"Over my dead body will I be seen with someone who wears denim slides," Grace emphasized with horror on her face as she kept the shoes out of his reach.

"Definitely over 50," John B stated holding up a pair of sneakers, catching both of their attention. "He's got New Balances."

"He's got to be mentally challenged," Grace murmured, walking over to the nightstand with disgust on her face from the man's fashion taste, or lack thereof.

"Why because he's made a few questionable fashion choices?" JJ provoked, following right behind her. Grace whipped her head around at him. John B just rolled his eyes at his friend's inability to stop flirting with her, even when they were trespassing in a random person's sketchy motel room.

"Questionable fashion choices?" Grace whisper shouted as she gestured at the denim slides and New Balances. "Those are a hate crime." JJ continued to grin at the girl he so easily could get a rise out of as she turned back around.

"Hey, look at this," Grace examined a note with several numbers on it and a few maps sitting on the nightstand. JJ stood behind her and shined the flashlight on it, reaching over her shoulder to get a better look.

"Yo, dude, come here," JJ called over to John B. "Maybe this is where they were fishing."

"Let me see," John B walked over to join them.