•eighteen•

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" 

Grace heard Kie ask, distaste evident in her voice as Grace closed the door to the bathroom after changing. 

After getting up this morning, and a short makeout session, Grace and JJ had gone over to the Wreck to meet up with the rest of the group. Kie had taken one look at Grace's outfit, consisting of one of JJ's T-shirts and John B's shorts, rolled up about ten times to fit on her small frame, and heels from last night, and went to grab her a change of clothes and shoes from her car. Grace walked out, noticing John B had finally arrived and was telling them all about the results after last night.

"Tannyhill," John B admitted with a shrug. Grace placed her bag of old clothes down and walked over to John B who was leaning against the bar.

"How you managed to walk away from a drop like that with only a small concussion and fractured arm I'll never understand," Grace joked as she walked over and wrapped her arms tightly around him. 

"I'm glad you're okay. You scared the shit out of me Routledge," Grace whispered as she squeezed him firmly.

"I'm okay, mom. You can calm down," John B chuckled as he lightly hugged her back before peeling away from her tight, air crushing grip. Grace just rolled her eyes at him as she went back down to the table to sit down.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron?" Kie confirmed bitterly.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, alright? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't--"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope interrupted John B's defensive rambles.

"I don't know, Pope," John B sighed as he sat down between Pope and Grace.

"What about those little golf carts they drive around in? You get one of them?" JJ added.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" Pope continued curiously.

"You know I think I have an old Ralph Lauren Polo gift card I could give you to help with that," Grace smirked at him.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her," Kie interrupted their joking, hurt.

"Bro, just own it. She got you," JJ said and Grace looked up at him, raising a playful eyebrow as he just winked in response to her, causing her cheeks to flush.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah," Kie informed John B.

"Do you guys see her here? No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic," John B remarked sarcastically drawing Grace's attention back. "We've got the map, right?"

"Well it's all out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it," JJ leaned to look at the map over Grace's shoulders.

"It's 'cause the coast has changed," Kie told him, JJ nodding in response.