Chapter 5

Naruto sat in the frame of the Hokage's  window. Tsunade had heard what happened with Hinata and Sasuke and was beyond furious. Naruto was like her son, and an angry mother is what you'd like to avoid. It was after midnight when Naruto came to her, he was dressed in the standard Anbu outfit. Tsunade knew what he was going to ask for when she saw him.

"Please Baa-chan I need space, just give me a S rank and a few A's," Naruto pleaded, Tsunade knew the boy was hurting and to indulge someone's whim was a way to make them feel better but............she expect to be buying him ramen as he ate away the pain of first love.

Not sending him on missions for god knows how long. She sighed exhausted as to what she was supposed to do as mother and hokage. "Naruto is there some other way to indulge you,"

Naruto slid his mask to the side of his face, his blue eyes were bright with rage and determination. "Sorry Mom, it's either that or me doing something reckless to." As much as she encouraged violence Naruto permanently damaging two strong shinobi, both being clan heirs was something she couldn't afford. 

Plus Hiashi Hyuga already has a punishment lined up for Hinata when she gets out of the hospital. "Alright here's the deal, two S ranks and five long term A ranks. Does that suit you?"

Naruto smiled for a second, "Thank you Baa-chan," He hugged her tightly and she stroked his back lovingly. Anything for her son, anything.

Naruto left out the window with the scrolls for the mission and headed back to his apartment. He landed on the balcony and proceeded to back the necessary items. He left Kiba a letter on the island counter, ruffled his hair and Ackamaru's before leaving.

***********************************

When Kiba woke up he noticed he and Ackamaru were alone in the apartment, Naruto's scent still lingered but it was getting faint which meant he left hours ago. He got up and headed out to spot a letter on the island counter, Ackamaru was whining so he knew Naruto had done something drastic. He opened the letter and cursed under his breath before swearing loudly this time.

"Of course the idiot would take a mission and knowing him it would be long term," Kiba grumbled as he placed the letter down. Naruto had in trusted him with keeping his apartment in good condition and to source some materials for when he returned. He sighed.

He was still angry, very angry at those two. But he understood Naruto needed space, time to come to terms with his first love ruining him.........but still couldn't he of said good bye. Kiba felt a few tears slip. He wanted Naruto here, so they can laugh and be silly together.

Ackamaru licked at Kiba's feet and he snapped out of it. Naruto was just taking time to sort himself out he would be back and when he does come back, they'll have fun.

"Thanks buddy I needed that," Kiba said on the ground hugging Ackamaru.  Ackamaru licked his face. "Well we have work to do, let's go to Lady Tsunade,"

The duo quickly got ready, skipping breakfast in the process. They'd have something on the way, when they reached her office Shino and Sai were there as well. "Morning everybody," He greeted.

"Kiba? You're still on break," Tsunade said dangerously. KIba held his hands up in mock surrender. 

"Lady Tsunade I'm not here for a mission." Kiba chuckled. Tsunade raised and eyebrow motioning for him to continue. "I need permission to leave the village and to go to the Cloud,"

"Absolutely not!" She barked. "What's your business there?" Kiba scratched his cheek nervously pulling out the letter from Naruto.

"Naruto wanted me to do something for him while he's away on his missions," He confessed. This perked Shino and Sai's interest.

"Naruto is already on a mission, shouldn't he be mending his heart," Sai wondered.

"Maybe this is his own way at mending," Shino said quietly. "Knowing him it was either missions or damaging those two himself,"

'How right you are,' Shizune thought. "So Naruto wants you to do him a favor." Kiba turned to her with a nod. Tsunade sighed.

"That damn gaki, first he comes here after midnight asking for missions and now he has you doing his mischief," 

'Midnight?' Kiba thought. 'You've been gone that long Naruto,' 

"It's okay, I don't mind his mischief," Kiba smiled, everyone in the room paused at his happy expression. "I enjoy it even,"

'Well Naruto seems someone has a crush on you,' Tsunade smirked at the thought. Kiba shivered at Lady Hokage's facial expression. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"The love is obivous Kiba," Shizune teased, Kiba blushed covering his face.

"I-I don't know what your talking about," Kiba stuttered crossing his arms. "Naruto's one of my best friends of course I'd do anything to help him," 

Sai smirked, "You do know your the bottom in this one Kiba," Kiba glared at him.

"Sai you bastard," He growled chasing the artistic ninja around the office. Shino smiled beneath his jacket collar. He saw nothing wrong with the relationship, they would make a cute pair.

"I approve," He said quietly. Sai stopped running to agree. Tsunade and Shizune smiled as well, Kiba was getting too flustered. He wasn't used to people knowing how he felt for the blond, regardless he smiled.

"Thanks guys,"

Soon Kiba was leaving the village for the Cloud, permission in hand, he wondered how the blond was holding up with his mission. At any rate Naruto would be perfectly fine but a little worrying was to be expected, he was so reckless after all and quick to be angry. Kiba shook those thoughts from his head and clung to Ackamaru as he jumped the trees.

*******************

Naruto grunted as he collapsed on a nearby tree. 

"Baa-chan is out to kill me," He muttered as he sat up on the branch, below him two dead rouge Mist ninja ready for trading, they were listed in the bingo book but their deaths had to be sped up because they were planning a attack on the Feudal Lords. 

'Atleast I'll be getting money from this,' Naruto thought to himself as he jumped down wrapping them in burial bandages. Now on to the Mist, he sealed the bodies in a scroll and headed out. 'I wonder if Kiba is mad at me, I only did this to get some distance between me and those two. It's for their benefit, I would've slaughtered them if I stayed.'

Naruto liked Kiba's company the brunette always kept up with his antics and that fanged smile always promised something sneaky. He remembered when he just got back from his previous S rank and saw Kiba on the roof. He remembered how he smiled and how he cried, Kiba was honestly so cute sometimes.

"I never did ask what he would change though," Naruto thought out loud. 'I'll ask when I get back, if I remember,' He picked up his pace not wanting to get there by nightfall as he would have to stay a night.

**************************

Kiba got off Ackamaru as they had reached the gates to the Hidden Cloud. A guard approached him as they noticed his headband. 

"State your business," The guard demanded, Kiba sighed pulling out his permission and scroll addressed to the Raikage. 

"I need to see the Raikage."