Chapter 1

Naruto felt over the moon as he landed back in the village. The Jounin was rather excited to see his girlfriend, Hinata. They've been dating for a year now. As he swung his way into the Hokage's office via window. He was surprised to see Lady Hokage sleeping. She was usually an night owl. He shook her awake to see her eyes glazed with sleep.

"Baa-chan it's done," He said softly, handing her the mission report. She immediately flew up alert. She took the report reading it with a fine toothed comb. When she was finished she smiled. It was a stubborn S class mission but her gaki handled it with ease.

"I'm proud Naruto, it was difficult for others but you always seem to pull through," She complimented. Naruto grinned. "The money should be in your accounts by tomorrow and you have the month off, with pay"

Naruto whined. "Baa-chan I want another one, it's putting my skills to the test,"

"No, you need to rest." She said sternly and pointed her index at his body. "You have been pushing too hard this month, just relax and make your body recuperate properly. Heavens know you still have injuries from the last one before this,"

Naruto sighed. She was right but what was he going to do for an entire month. 'Maybe I can finally get that new apartment I've had my eye on. Yeah that'll do,'

"Okay Baa- chan, make sure to stay warm, don't want you sick again," With that he jumped out the window into the darkness.

***************************

Kiba needed to kick this habit, it was bad for his health. He laid on the academy roof his mind going into the past. A past where he could've changed things, but was too timid to. Just as he nearly dozed off a familiar scent entered his range. It didn't change then and it never will. Naruto hovered over him with a tired smile.

"Kiba what are you doing out here?" Naruto asked sitting on the roof beside his head.

"Hmmm just remembering the past," He said vaguely. He wasn't particularly ready to share this especially if the person it was centered around was sitting there. 'Maybe if I was a stuttering mess like Hinata I would've gotten noticed. Too late now,'

"I miss my academy days life was so carefree then," Naruto pulled his feet to his chest. "I remember when we pulled pranks together, Shikamaru always had the escape route ready, Chouji was always slow to catch up and we.....we always ended up running across the hillsides," Naruto laughed heartily at the thought, Kiba soon joined in.

"Those were days, we couldn't keep the stupid grins off our faces," Kiba chuckled as he sat up. "Man childhood was the best, wish I could turn back time for one more spin,"

"Is there something you would've changed?" Naruto asked as he stared at the full moon. "I have plenty changes in mind but I like how it all turned out,"

Kiba hummed, "If I had to be honest I like how everything worked out but I have one thing I would've changed, just one." This caught Naruto's interest as Kiba sounded like he considered this numerous times.

"Well spill dog breath," Naruto coaxed shaking him, he was getting anxious with the tense silence. Kiba looked at him with thousands of emotions crossing his face. Naruto froze he wasn't use to so much emotions across Kiba's face. "Kiba are you okay?" 

Kiba shook his head, eyes close as tears slipped down his face. Just seeing Naruto, knowing what he's felt for the blond for years and the painful fact he now belonged to his former teammate. It was just too much, a sob broke through his lips as he felt warm arms wrapped around him. 'Naruto you idiot stop making me love you, stop please.' 

Naruto was panicking as Kiba broke down in his arms. Whatever the change he wanted to make  really made Kiba cry. He wondered what Kiba wished to change. For now he just focused on calming the hunter ninja down. He hated seeing any of his best friends hurt.  They stayed like that for a long while, if Naruto had to guess it was nearing 3 in the morning.

"Kiba," He called, he was met with silence. He looked down to see said dog lover asleep. Naruto smiled and lifted him with ease. He transported them to his apartment and stripped Kiba of his big jacket and placed him in bed. Naruto wasn't tired so he decided to pack up for the move.

He went about it quietly as he knew Kiba's ears were very sensitive. When the sun was rising Naruto had only the bedroom and kitchen left to pack. He decided to whip up a big breakfast, from past experience he knew Kiba was a big eater like him. When he was finished he went back to his bedroom to see Kiba curled up on his side snoring softly. He chuckled from what he heard from Hinata Kiba was a loud snorer. 

Naruto sat on the edge of his bed and contemplated how to wake up Kiba. He ran a hand through his soft brown hair and Kiba's eyes popped open. He looked up to see Naruto with a thoughtful look on his face. He just quietly watched the blond completely content with how Naruto played with his hair. He was drifting off again when Naruto moved his hand, he groaned.

"So that woke you," Naruto laughed, Kiba turned on his back looking at the ceiling. "Come on I have food ready,"

"Naruto," Kiba said softly. Naruto was at the door and looked back at his friend. "Thank you," Naruto smiled and headed to the kitchen. He got up from the bed and looked around Naruto's room, it was stuffed with things he acquired over the years, it wasn't messy and things seemed to have their own space. 

Kiba walked out to see boxes taped up, "Naruto are you moving?" He asked once he stepped into the kitchen. An assault of scents attacked him, the food smelt damn good. 'And here I thought you only knew how to make instant ramen,'

"Yeah, this apartment is too small now, I have my eyes on a three bedroom in another district," Naruto sipped his tea as he shared his food. "After I finish packing I'm leaving,"

Kiba sat at the table and began taking his share. "I'll help you move, just let me shower and come back," Naruto gave him a small sheepish smile.

"Are you sure? I don't want to keep you from your schedule," Naruto tried to explain but Kiba shut him down.

"I'm sure Naruto, don't worry I have a few days of rest," Naruto smiled and nodded his head.

The Bonds We ShareOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara