Chasing Cinderella

Prince Charming.  My Prince left me last month.  Getting over someone who you've dated for 3 years is a little hard, but I'm an expert at letting people go.  I'm sitting here in the middle of a park thinking of the best revenge on my ex boyfriend.  Murder will get me put in jail and so would torture.  I need to let these killer thoughts out of my mind.

These British people look at me funny.  When I order my food or ask for directions.  Do they not run into a lot of Americans in Holmes Chapel?  I guess not.  Now that I think of it I didn't hear any British accents in California.  At least the weather is nice here, its not to hot.  Most people don't think I'm from California because I'm so white.  I just didn't like the sun and the sun didn't like me. 

I stood up from the tall grass I was resting in, grabbed my guitar and walked down the pathway, leading to who knows what.  I would follow any pathway hoping it would get me home.  I guess I'm looking for my stray heart.  I've been walking for about 4 minutes and I've had to switch from carrying my guitar with my right hand to my left 5 times.  

I finally see the street sign I need to get back on track.  I sighed in relief and started to speed walk to the street where few cars where driving.  Then it hit me.  No, someone actually ran into me.  I was knocked on the ground and my guitar fell out of my hand making the case fly open.  My music for church went all over the place.  

"I'm so sorry miss."   A british accent rang.

"No, its fine."  He put out his hand and I took it.  I got a good look of his face and he looked too familiar.  He started picking up all the papers.  I got them from him, stuffed them into the case and made sure it was locked.  

"Thanks stranger."  I said before taking off.  

"You're welcome!…"   He said something after that, but I didn't really want to turn around, I had somewhere to go.  

____________________________

Harry's POV

"Your Welcome!  But you forgot your…"  I didn't bother to continue.  She obviously didn't hear me.  I bent down and picked up a green guitar pick and a piece of paper.  I quickly stuffed it into my pocket and ran after the girl.  

I got to the end of the street, but when I looked she was no where to be found.  I flipped on my hood so no one would recognize me and walked my way back home.  I passed by all the houses I would pass as a kid.  It only took 5 days of begging to let Paul and the others to let me go on a vacation.  I needed it.  The boys needed it too, all we do is fly from state to state or country to country.  It gets boring and makes me tired.  I need some sleep in my own bed.

As I got home I saw that my mom was home.  When I got inside the warm house I collapsed on the couch and groaned into the pillow.   After about 10 minutes of groaning I sat up and took out the pick and the small ripped piece of paper. I examined the guitar pick.  It was green with a tint of black, I turned it over and there was initials on it.  

A.W.

The girl I met, her first name started with a A and her last name started with a W.  Well I'm guessing that is what is stood for.  I placed that into my back pocket and opened the wrinkled piece  of paper. The writing was messy, but I could make out what it said.

251 West Mile Street 8:00pm 

Thats just about 20 minutes away from here.  But should I go and give this girl back her guitar pick and look like a total creeper?  She was very pretty indeed.  I remember that her hair was blonde with some dark highlights and the tips of her hair were different shades of blue.  Her hair wasn't too long or to short, it reached the middle of her back.  And I got a glimpse of her shoes, they were white Vans with writing all over them  They looked like signatures.

I spent about 30 minutes arguing with myself if I should give this girls pick back to her.  I mean what if it was her absolute favorite thing in the world.  What if it was her fathers or someone dear to her.  I put my head in my hands not knowing what to do.

_______________________________________________

Alex's POV

I got home and showered.  I put on my usual apparel for these kinds of occasions, checkered skinny jeans, and my favorite baggy tank top that has a big X on it.  I won't go into details about what the X stands for.  And last but not least I slip on my Vans.  

I scurry around my room looking for music sheets and anything I will need for tonight.  Okay I have my acoustic guitar, capo, music, tuner, but where's my pick?  I swear one second you have it in your hand and the next it can never be found.  That was my favorite pick to!  Fuck.  I hope I find it soon.

I blow dried and straightened my hair and did nothing else to it.  Lastly I applied a bit of makeup to make my green eyes pop out.  

I grabbed my keys, my bag, and my guitar case and left the house.  I walked the 10 minutes to get to the Jammer.  It was a local bar where local bands and artists got to share their voice and their music.  I have songs of my own that I've shared and actually the crowd really liked them.  I've been asked a couple times to record them and burn them to a CD, but I don't have the kind of money to do that.  My family came to England to get a fresh start on life.  And it was working really well, but we weren't rich.

I graduated high school, and now I'm taking a short break to live life a little.

I got to the front entrance of the Jammer.  Kharma, the body guard was there.  She is really nice and when I have time, sometimes I come out here and talk with her.  

"Alex!  Nice to see you again.  You gonna preform?"  Kharma said. 

"Yup.  But only two songs for tonight.  I was hoping to get a drink."  I smiled.  She nodded and let me through the ropes.

"Have a nice time!"  

I entered the bar and was engulfed by the sound of guitars and drums beating away.  One of the weekly bands was playing right now.  I've known them since I started playing here.  The band is Fighting Back Juliet.  Cool name right?  Well it's only cool because I gave them the name.  

Now lets get ready for this performance. 

This is my first Harry Styles/One Direction story so… yeah.  I hope you enjoy it!  

Please Comment/Vote  THANK YOU! :)

xo Alex