When he caught sight of the wolf though, his eyes widened and his face paled. He scrambled up and backed as far away as possible from the wolf as fast as he could.

    "Peace your majesties. Your older brother sent me to look for you. I mean no harm, King Edmund." The wolf said.

    Lucy grabbed her bag and walked over to the wolf. She glanced back at Edmund. "Edmund?" She looked at him curiously. 

    Edmund hesitantly walked towards the wolf, a dagger hidden in his sleave just in case.

   They walked back to Cair Paravel in silence, Edmund looking uneasily at the wolf now and then. 

  They entered the throne room and found Peter pacing in front of the thrones with a slight frown on his face, while Susan looked on with a disaproving face. 

    "Honestly Peter, pacing isn't going to help anyone find them." Susan was saying.

 "Your majesties." The wolf said, catching their attention.

     "Thank goodness you're alright!" Peter ran over to them and gave them a huge hug, nearly knocking them over.  

   "Thank you so much for finding them. We owe you a dept of gratitude." Susan thanked the wolf greatfully. 

    The wolf nodded and left the room, leaving the four alone.

  "Would one of you care to explain why you didn't take notice of my words when I said don't be late back?" Peter turned on Edmund and Lucy. 

    "Peter, I can explain!" Lucy hurriedly said. 

"Go on then." Peter said, looking at Edmund who was frowning down at the floor.

    "We were sitting in a clearing in the forest and we fell asleep. We only just woke up when the wolf found us. We're sorry. We didn't mean to make you worried." Lucy explained. Peter nodded, understandingly.

   "Ed?" Peter looked at him. Edmund was silent for a moment before looking up.

          "A WOLF?!" Edmund shouted, glaring at Peter.

  The others looked taken aback by the sudden outburst.

      "Ed?" Peter said slowly, not quite understanding why Edmund choose to shout out like that.

 "OF ALL THE ANIMALS YOU COULD HAVE SENT TO SEARCH FOR US, YOU CHOOSE TO SEND A WOLF! " Edmund shouted. 

   "Ed, calm down and tell us what's the matter." Susan tried to say in a calm voice but Edmund didn't listen. 

    "YOU SEND A WOLF LOOKING FOR US, FOR ME! I COULD HAVE KILLED THAT WOLF IF IT DIDN'T TELL US THAT YOU SENT IT OUT TO SEARCH FOR US! WHY ON EARTH DID YOU CHOOSE A WOLF?" Edmund yelled, taking no notice of Susan's threatening looks.

      "A CHEETAH WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE. A TIGER OR A LEOPARD WOULD BE FINE. A LION WOULD BE FINE, BUT YOU WENT AND CHOOSE A WOLF?!" Edmund was shaking all over. 

    Edmund ran out of the room.

     The others just stared after him in shock. Edmund hadn't yelled at them like that since he'd been rescued from the White Witch.

    They ran after him and found him in his room, sitting on the edge of his bed facing the balcony with his sleaves rolled up and he was looking at something.

    "You girls stay here, I'll talk to him." Peter whispered. 

          He walked over and sat down next to him. 

  Neither said anything at first, but then Edmund burst into tears and flung himself at Peter.

    "Hey, it's okay. It's okay." Peter whispered, trying to calm Edmund down.

  "Why don't you tell me what's wrong." Peter suggested. 

      Edmund hesitated before nodding.

  He slowly traced a few faint lines on his left arm.

    "Ed? What is that?" Peter asked slowly.

Edmund sighed. "Let's just say.....wolves have some things called claws and teeth." He said slowly, wincing slightly. He ment to keep this a secret from the others, but because of his outburst, he had to tell.

      "WHAT?" Peter gasped, his hands starting to shake as he traced one of the lines on Edmund's arm. 

  "What happened?!"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!!! I'll update as soon as possible!!!!!!

   xxxx Claire :)