Chapter 20: Homecoming Royalty

En başından başla

'Enjoying it as much as I can mom, thanks for checking in!'

'Hopefully you're dancing with your prince charming?'

'first step: find a prince charming.' I replied.

'you know who I'm talking about' My mom texted again.

I rolled my eyes. 'I can't believe you mom.'

I pocketed my phone and joined my friends again, watching the couples dance their heart out since we had no one to dance with.

After a few hours of mingling and talking with friends, Mr. Martinez stepped up to the stage as the spotlights focused on him and the crown that was now placed beside him.

"Attention everyone, the votes have been tallied, and it's time to crown our Homecoming King and Queen." Our principal announced, all of us looked up at the stage, the room falling in silence.

"I'm shaking, I'm actually shaking." I whispered to my friends that are now together.

Wei and Mika held each of my hands, calming it down.

Mr. Martinez produces an envelope, he then opens it up, squinting. "This year's Homecoming King and Queen are... Drumroll please!" 

The students drummed on their thighs as I held my breath, blocking all of the sounds that enters my ear.

"Theodore Willshire and Rhea Anderson!" The crowd cheered loudly. My friends congratulated me, pushing forward in the process. 

I climbed the stage along with Rhea. Mr. Martinez held the crowns, he planted it on our heads as the crowd cheered our name. 

I'm truly the king bitch.

I walked down the stage as a pop song blasted from the speakers. The crowd started to jump up and down, bobbing their head up and down or arms flailing widely. My friends and I joined the crowd, doing all kind of moves. 

We formed a circle while a person dances in the middle. When it was my time to shine, I made use of my arms, doing complicated moves that no one could even comprehend. They all cheered me on as they chanted my name. 

After dancing, I settled alone on a corner, catching my breath. Three girls suddenly walked up to me, the one in the middle looked me up and down.

"I can't believe you won homecoming king. You are trying too hard with your outfit." The middle girl said as the other two agreed to her.

"Oh, It's not really a choice of... mine." I tried to say nicely, just hoping they'd leave me alone.

"Yeah, not a choice to rig the results... I deserved to win homecoming queen and Hunter should've definitely won over you..." She, again, looked me up and down disgustingly.

I plastered a small smile. "I'm sorry if you feel that way, Shane. It's not my intention to snatch the crown from you. You'll win next time."

"You can't fool me with your nice act, cheater." She clapped back.

I decided to just go off. "Sorry if your desperation wasn't enough for you to win, Sharon." I said casually, then focused back on my friends dancing, but even them noticed what was happening.

A sharp pain sent tingles all over my body from my left foot as the girl I assume was Shane pressed her heel on my toes. 

"Listen here, you cheater. First of all, my name is Shane Harrington. And no one talks back to me, you understand?" She threatened before walking away from me, followed by her minions. 

"No one loves you, Stephanie!" I screamed after her but she definitely didn't hear it.

I sat on the floor and rubbed my feet, wincing as I touched the exact part she stepped on. I looked up to see Rhea and Masha approach me. They helped me stand up but it was still a struggle to walk.