27.

(A/N- It's here! 😏😏)

25th April, 1963

"And Paul... I- I think I love you..."

Paul felt relief flow through his body at those words. It felt like the answer to all his previous questions, however only created brand new ones.

Why did Paul's heart feel like it was doing cartwheels?

And why did John's thin, pink lips look so kissable?

He had completely forgotten about Jane, about work, about everything other than John.  And all he wanted to do was kiss that sad look on the other man's face away. And it too, felt like he had needed to for years

Paul quickly leaned in, closing his eyes and placing his lips on John's. He kissed the other man gently, and after a few seconds, John kissed back. Their lips stayed connected for what felt like an eternity for them both, and gradually became more heated.

John moved his hands away from Paul's cheeks and through his hair, before slowly pushing paul back on the sofa, the younger's head landing on a grey pillow. Paul's hands moved from John's shoulders and down to his hips. The older man's black flat cap fell onto the ground, but neither noticed.

Both the boy's were only focused on each other, their bodies filled with a feeling of longing and bliss.

John was the first person to pull away, immediately opening his eyes and staring at the young man lay underneath him. After a few seconds of heavy breaths, from both the boys, that filled the room, Paul opened his eyes, a smile coming to his face.

Staring up at John, he felt complete. And he knew exactly what he was going to say, there was no doubt about it anymore.

"I love you too, John. And- And I now have no doubts about it." Paul smiled wider at John's half surprise and relief.

"I've always loved you Paul... Always."

"Oh, Johnny..."

"Always" John whispered, leaning down to kiss Paul's neck. "Always, Always. Always..." He spoke softly, imbetween loving kisses on his collarbone.

The younger man laughed lightly, smiling widely up at the ceiling as he let John kiss his neck.

"John?"

"Yes?"

"Kiss me again. Like it's the last time."

"Of course, Mr McCartney." He teased, John pressed his lips to Paul's immediately. The kiss was more heated than before, as if they never wanted to break apart.

But when they heard the front door unlock, John jumped off Paul, falling on the floor with a thud. Paul tried to hold a laugh, as he quickly sat up and tried to neaten his hair.

"Paul?" Jane called from the hallway, pushing the door closed behind her.

"Y-Yeah!" He called back, trying not to laugh at John who was trying to sit up, but too incredibly flustered to move. "Get up, you daft sod..." Paul whispered down to John.

"Who's here?" They could hear her lock the door behind her, Paul quickly offering his hand for John to pull himself up with.

"Just John and Julian." John stood up, sitting back down next to Paul.

"Oh! Amazing!" She seemed excited, completely oblivious of everything that had just happened between the two red faced men sat on the sofa. "I haven't met Julian yet..."

"In the living room." He didn't add a 'love' or 'dear', unsurpisingly.

"Oh hey John." Jane smiled at him, who gave a small wave in reply. Her eyes darted over to the pram in the middle of the room. "Oh, let's have look..."

When her back was turned, Paul eyes John from the side, giving the older man a small smirk. John grinned in reply, shaking his head and standing to walk over to Jane.

"He's so cute! And so small..."

"He's 2 weeks old, now."

"Goodness!" She seemed shocked as she peered inside the pram and at the baby. "Would you like to stay for dinner, John?"

"Uh... No thanks. I really should get Julian home and into his comfier moses basket."

"Aww...You sure Johnny?" Paul asked, kind of upset, but understanding why John would want to leave.

I mean, they'd just been snogging like 3 minutes ago, and now Paul's girlfriend was in the room. It would be an incredibly awkward dinner.

"Yeah, but i'll see you soon, no doubt." John assured him, before wrapping his hands around the handle for the pram. "Look after those photos."

"I will." John nodded, a smile appearing on his lips as he stared at Paul.

He walked out of the living room, down the hallway and unlocked the door.

"How was work, Paul?" Jane asked him, plainly, all her previous excitement from meeting Julian lost.

"Oh uh..." To be honest, Paul had forgotten what happened at work. "Good, yeah."

He watched as Jane just nodded, walking out of the room and into the kitchen without another word.

Paul sighed, flopping his body down onto the sofa once more, leaning back and running his hand through his air. In the corner of his eye, he saw a black hat lying on the floor.

He smiled, immediately recognising it as John's.

The man picked up the hat and ran out of the room and to the door.

"John left his hat, I'm just taking it to him!" Paul didn't even wait for Jane to respond, throwing open the door and closing it behind him.

In the distance, he could see John about to turn around the corner he stood at before.

"John!" But the older didn't hear.

Paul ran down his path and out of the open gate. He ran across the road, briefly checking for cars, excited to see John again even though he'd only just left.

"Johnny?"

John's head turned in surprise at the voice.

"Pau-"

He was cut off by Paul pressing his lips against his. The kiss was short, but sweet.

"Paul... W-Why are you here?" John asked, checking that nobody was watching.

"Your hat. You... You left it." He smiled. "Bet you did it on purpose, huh?"

"You wish..." John smirked, taking it from his lovers hands. "Hey, how about Saturday?"

"For what?" A still out of breath Paul responded.

"Julian's room."

"Well sure... But I cant wait that long to see you again...." Paul frowned.

"Well how about me and you meet on.... Friday after you finish work? And then George and Ringo can come round on Saturday with us?"

"Perfect. God, I just wanna kiss you right now."

"I know." John sighed. "But just wait until Friday..."

Paul agreed, nodding.

"See you on Friday, Johnny. I'll be waitin'."

"Me too."

And at that, John carried on home, Paul watching him turn the next corner with a wide grin.