The Land of the Waves Is Poor

Hikari's POV

I walked behind Sakura. Seeing the hungry look on a man’s face I walked closer to Sakura. The people on the streets were poor and starving. Seeing the looks on their faces made pity curl in my stomach. The worse of all was the small children who grew up in such poverty. They would think Konoha heaven. “ I need to go get some supplies for dinner,” Tazuna explained.

It’s sad what Gato did to this country. The people were dirty and wearing threadbare clothes. “ Theif! Theif! ” A person yelled in the distance.

A small store came into view. The windows were dirty and in horrilbe condition. There was barely anything in the whole store. This is too much for me. I curled up in Sakura’s arms. My tail laid ontop of my head and eyes. “We’re here.” We know that, Tazuna.

The vegatbles were few and there wasn’t much of a variety. A few carrots were here and there. Obviously Tazuna was living a good life compared to some of the other civilians.

I looked around once and saw a man in a trench coat. Why do shady people always seem to wear trench coats? Ibiki and a few people from the interaggation unit wear them on a daily basis.

He walked behind Sakura and tried to snatch her purse. “PERVERT!” Sakura turned around obviously feeling their hand and planted an almighty kick on the poor soul’s face. That’s gotta hurt. I winced.

Tazuna whistled, “That’s a surprise to see. Girls don't fight like that around these parts.” His eyebrows disappeared into his hairline. Sakura who was obviously still mad whipped around.

"They should something is wrong with that. They need to defend theirselves,” Sakura grumbled. I adjusted my position in her arms. The swaying motion was making me woozy.

 I jumped down and staggered as my world swayed all around me. I don’t remember getting drunk….. Why do I feel like I drank sake? If I remember it clearly, I swore to never drink a lot of sake again.

A small child carefully approached Sakura. They’re gonna get pummeled by her. The child tugged on her dress beside he butt. The kid is gonna get it for sure now.

“Hey, buster-” Sakura started as she turned around to see the culprit. Her anger diminshed as she saw the kid’s face.

The kid’s raspy voise greeted her, “Please.” They smiled and held out their hands. I could pratically see her heart melting in front of me. They let out a small laugh.

They need to teach me if they can get her to melt that easliy. Sakura stared for a moment before reaching into her purse for something to give the child. “Here,” she said as she handed the child a some candy.

Only if Sasuke could see  you in moments like these, Sakura. I sighed. Team 7 is one big mess. It’s a love line. Not a triangle because Sasuke is Sasuke. Sakura is truly in love with Sasuke and Naruto thinks he likes Sakura. He is just falling for her somewhat shallow beauty.

“Arigatou!” The child smiled up at her with gratitude. Sakura smiled back abviously holding back tears. Their figure disappeared down the street.

“Gatou did this. The children suffer as much as anybody else. The adults are all too afraid to stand up to him and his rule.They are the reason that I am building this bridge. The bridge will bring trade. These people have no hope left. This is to let them have a source of hope. To show them that not everything is lost. And to renew their hope. We must restore the spirit of our people.” Sakura nodded. Her respect for the old drunk was rising by the second.

“When the bridge is finished, people will start to believe in the world, life, themselves, and eachother. Their dignity will be regained.”

******

I'm pretty sure I failed some of my narative writing assesments that we were given in class. Ugh. I got completely off the prompt. :P It could be worse. At least I tried. I didn't get to edit this. I found some time to write the rest of this because I finally finished my projects. I just realised that I need to do my math homework.......... Oops.