Chapter 4

I pondered and debated with myself on whether or not I should get out of my car, knock on the front door, and return her personal belongings to her like any sane person would or if I should keep looking through her things.

I wasn't sane and I could acknowledge that.

So I chose the latter.

Curiosity killed the cat.

There were many stupid quotes out there about how great curiosity actually was that probably came from a 2012 Tumblr page. I remember one of them being something along the lines of "curiosity is the compass that leads to our passions." So maybe this was leading me to Jesse. She was my passion, after all.

Her bag held the typical high-school-teenager items, although being the type of girl that she was, it was incredibly organized and color orientated. Mechanical pencils, all of which were black, without an eraser in sight from overthinking her words and choosing to rewrite them, assignments that teacher handed back in five different plastic white folders with the name of her classes on them, three textbooks, perfume, tangled earbuds, strawberry chapstick, her wallet, and a phone charger.

I wasn't sure what exactly I had expected. I was surprised there wasn't weed in a plastic bag or a bottle of vodka, maybe even a vape pen. Typical items that were forbidden from teens, so it only made them want them more. But she was a good girl who didn't give in to peer pressure. She was my good girl.

A good girl who obeyed the rules and deserved a reward.

I had come across a chewed up piece of gum sticking to a piece of paper while rummaging around, the gum–quite obviously–belonging to her. So without a second thought, I took the piece of gum, peeled the paper away and popped it into my mouth. My taste buds tingled and screamed in happiness. It was the closest thing to French kissing that could happen with Jesse for now. Although it had lost its' refreshing peppermint flavor and was now plain, it was the best gum I had ever had.

I felt satisfaction run through my veins at the mere thought of sharing something that had been in her mouth before and was once hers.

But at the same time I wondered why she was chewing gum in the first place. Was she going to kiss Justin and was worried about her breath smelling bad? Or maybe she had kissed him while chewing this piece of gum. If she did I'd probably have to rinse out my mouth with a gallon of bleach.

I was overthinking things.

My eyes flickered to her bedroom window. Her cream-colored curtains were shut, but I could see the petite silhouette of a girl that moved with grace as she removed her jeans and crop top for shorts and an oversized t-shirt.

For fucks sake, she was going to Justin's dressed like that? If that wasn't the ultimate dick appointment outfit, then I don't what was.

Her silhouette disappeared and blended in with the darkness of her room signaling that she had turned her lights off.

I don't know how long I stayed in the car.

I'm guessing it wasn't as long as I thought because before I knew it, I noticed Jesse coming barefoot out of the house and towards my car. It was difficult to control the throbbing of my member when I noticed the slight bounce of her small perky breasts underneath the t-shirt that came to her mid-thigh.