𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

Start from the beginning

It was clear Charlie was in the middle of studying, with the note books and school supplies laying around on his desk.

"What happened" Charlie laid in front of me, both of us on our stomachs and our heads propped up into our hands.

"Well i was out with Brooklyn, at the dinner, oh thats right Brooklyns back!" I smile. "Anyway he was the waiter and asked me out after his shift so i was like hmm sure why not. What could go wrong, you know?" i begin the story. "That was probably the worst decision in history after the McCanns going out for dinner without Madeleine."

Charlie just cracked a smile and urged me to continue.

"He deadass said and i quote 'what you're wearing shows a lot of skin, too much skin. If i was your boyfriend i wouldn't want you wearing that' like what the actual fuck? And then he proceeded to call me a cheater because i thrashed him at the basketball game in the arcade" i said whilst cracking my knuckles out of habit. "Oh wait, thats not even the best part. Then he said i was too pale for brown hair? That it washes me out!"

Charlie let out a laugh, running his hand through his hair simultaneously.

"Like what does he want me to do? Start growing a different hair colour and produce more melanin? My bad, i'll get right on it"

"You're so dramatic" Charlie smiled at me " But you are pretty good at basketball, always beating me" he wipes a fake tear, feigning hurt.

"Exactly, and he called me a cheater" i point my fingers at myself. "I've never met someone with such a dry and bland personality before, it was like hanging out with a piece of unbuttered toast" I exaggerate, although it was definitely a fair comparison.

"It was that bad?" Charlie asks, quirking an eyebrow at me.

"Yes"

"What's his name? I can sort him out" Charlie smirked.

"Sky, and thats not necessary, i think he understands that he definitely won't be seeing me anytime soon."

"Good. Anyway Brooklyns here? Why the fuck are you at mine, shouldn't you be with her?" He asks

"Well yeah but I needed to stress how much i disliked that date" i say "hey do you want to invite the boys over and I'll invite Brook over?"

"Sure, my parents are out and we just bought more alcohol" he smirked at me, thinking what i was thinking, although his eyes did have a far-away look.

Charlies POV

Although she didn't have a good time on her date, it made me slightly happy that it was bad enough to put her off seeing him again as bad as that sounds.

She deserved more than a blonde haired boy who can't play a simple game of basketball.

But the fact that he thought he could have an opinion on her clothes, that made me mad. As if he would ever be important enough to her for his opinion on her clothes to matter. He doesn't even know her last name so what made him think he could comment on how she dresses?

I feel this overwhelming desire to protect Nyx, from people like him, people like Connor. Those who think they can control her as if she's some object or a dancing monkey at a circus.

Connor was so controlling and toxic. She wasn't allowed to see me, and he would get pissed if she had plans with Brooklyn, even making an argument because she went on a family holiday and wasn't replying quick enough although her phone barely had service and there was a three hour time difference.

After a while of not seeing one another, she got fed up of it and so the rebellion begun, at least once a week we'd sneak out in the middle of the night to see one another, to just talk, although most of what we spoke about was how bad Connor was beginning to get.

At the time we didn't know how much worse it could get.

He even called her a slut because she expressed how she wanted to get her nipples pierced and to him, if she did do it, it was  just 'to show them off' which was insane to think that anyone would say something like that to their own girlfriend.

I believe the final straw came a few weeks later, even now I don't know what had happened to it's entirety but she showed up on my doorstep, with a smile so wide I genuinely believed she was high. She jumped into my arms and screamed about how she's free and then proceeded to drag me to a piercing shop and got her nipples pierced.

I don't know if she knows that i noticed the shadowing of bruises on her neck or the small cut across the top of her head.

But that'll be my secret.

"Great I'll call Brook" she smiled at me, pulling her phone out of her bra.

She'll never change.