Chapter 15

The next day, I woke up in a four poster bed, and smiled despite myself. To think that two months ago, I would have been waking up in a street doorway. I sat up and stretched out my arms, and I almost stretched my wings but I realised that the others may be awake, and so it may not be wise to show my wings.

"Oh, so your up?" said Hermione, walking into the room brushing her busy hair. "We'll need to be in the Great Hall for breakfast in 40 minutes, I was about to wake you."

I groaned and lay back down. Why did I have to get out of bed? Why coulden't the wizards conjure up a bed that will take me to lessons and breakfast, so I don't have to get up? I slowly got up, and grabbed a hairbrush, an item I had recently learned to use. After dressing in our Hogwarts robes, mine with two long slits  in the back, we went down the stairs, joining the boys who were waiting for us. We all trudged down the stairs to breakfast, which I enjoyed. I beat Ron by a piece of toast this time, and he was still sulking when we received our timetables. I had Divination next, then Care Of Magical Creatures. I was in the same classes as Ron and Harry, so I followed them and was surprised to find that they did not know where the Divination tower is. I breezed past them, and asked the nearest painting where it was. The woman in the painting smiled, and said

"Left at the next turn, then follow the staircase up the tower. The classroom is at the top."

I thanked her, then, Ron and Harry trailing behind me, I took the next left, climbed the staircase, and emerged into a small room, with the rest of the class, who I had not met, sitting next to a trapdoor in the ceiling. I was suddenly nervous. There were whispers radiating around, spreading like ripples in a puddle.

"It's the new girl... New girl... Fainted on the train.... remember?"

I blushed, and thankfully was saved from further embarrassment by a ladder unfurling from the trapdoor.We all looked at it for a few moments, then Harry strode confidently across the room, dragging me with him, and pulled me up the ladder. We emerged into a large, dimly lit room, with teapots, and beanbags strewn over the floor. There were small tables, each with two teacups. A woman suddenly emerged from the shadows, her wide eyes and wider glasses reminding me of an insect.

"Welcome" She drawled, in a long slow voice "It is nice to see you in the physical world, and not in the Ball." She gestured at a large crystal ball, swirling with mist. "Take your seats, there are two to a table." We filed in nervously, sitting around tables. I ended up with Harry across from me, and Hermione and Ron on the table beyond. In her whimsical way, often sprouting out predictions which I felt were not true, she gave us all a cup of tea to drink and instructed us to look at the tea leaves. I drank deeply, and grimaced at the bitter taste. I had never liked tea. After I slowly finished my cup, I swapped with Harry and had a look into the sodden mush. A strange thing happened then. I was looking at the tea leaves, and suddenly it all clicked. I saw a dog, which looked mean but offered protection, and a small rat, running in fear from a dragon. I felt the rat was evil; I was glad to be chasing it away. I suddenly realised that I was staring into the cup, looking at mush that had somehow formed shapes to my mind. Harry was speaking, trying to work out whether a lump of mush was an acorn or a hat. Professor Tralawny strode over to our table in a certain way: It looked like she was on the other side of the room, then you were staring into her glasses. She took Harry's cup, and peered into it. Suddenly she shrieked, and almost dropped the cup. 

"The Grim... I have Seen the Grim!"

About 3/4 of the class gasped and rushed over. The others just looked confused. I turned to Harry for an explanation, but he looked just as puzzled as me.

"The Grim!" Professer Tralawny continued to cry.

"What the hell is this Grim?" I asked.

A girl from my dorm, Lavender something, said "The most powerful death omen in the world."