Cinder X Male Villain Reader

Cinder was sweating profusely, using all of the power at her disposal to fend off the hunters attacking her. She knew all of them, and at one point would have easily beaten them, but they trapped her and even had the Winter Maiden with them, making it nigh impossible for her to win. She lifted her swords to deflect a scythe and a katana, but she was disarmed instantly and staggered back. Seeing a blade approach her chest, she used some of the last of her energy to shield herself with fire before being kicked backwards. She expected to go flying off the edge of the cliff behind her, but a hand grabbed her arm and used her momentum to drag her back next to her savior. A familiar face was looking her over, before looking at her attackers as she fell to a knee. The others seemed surprised to see her savior, especially the youngest, who muttered a simple name.

Ruby: Y/N? Is that you?

You stared back at them as the sky darkened slightly, the weather becoming more and more miserable. A sword appeared in your hand as the other reaches out, helping Cinder to her feet.

Y/N: So what if it is, Rose? Should I care if you know me, or if you care for me? I don't care for you. Now, Cinder, why could you not beat them? I ask for my new boss, who is greatly concerned.

Cinder: The Winter Maiden is with them. It was just too much for me.

You smile and rub her head, holding her close to you protectively as the others look on in confusion. You point the sword at Team RWBY and Qrow, as well as a face you aren't familiar with, and grin.

Y/N: You may have beat my partner here, but can you fight a fairy tale that you've never heard of?

Qrow: And what one might that that be?

Y/N: Why, the power of the maidens is powerful. But I'm the man meant to keep those in check. I'm Y/N, but you may call me the Allfather of Remnant.

Qrow takes an involuntary step backwards, frowning at the new development. You chuckle as the wind picks up, lifting you and Cinder slowly into the air. You slowly fly backwards with the wind, until a bullet whizzes past your head and breaks through the wind barrier. You grimace as an inferno sprawls over them from your hand. Satisfied, you stop the fire and go to turn away, only to be shocked at the ice that blocked your attack. Angered, you start to grimace before you yell at them.

Y/N: How dare you stop my attack!? Do you really plan to stop me? With just one maiden? That is a dream that can never come true!

You ball your fist and icicles rain down, shattering the barrier. Right after that, a few fireballs follow and two hit, one hitting Ruby and the other hitting the maiden, both sprawling out in agony. You look at Cinder, who smirks at you despite how exhausted she is.

Cinder: Can't let you have all the fun, can I?

Taking in her condition, you sigh and wave your hand, a wall of wind in the way as you yell loud enough to be heard.

Y/N: I would kill you all here, but I do owe Blake Belladonna. Not to mention my compatriot's condition. Be glad I found you all like this. Had I not had to protect Cinder, I would have crippled you all.

Before they can try to stop you again, you enter a portal and appear in a gloomy castle, right next to a pale and veiny woman. You set Cinder down and kneel beside her now unconscious form, brushing her hair out of her face. Salem, the pale woman, watches quietly as you pull out a washcloth and start cleaning her up, wiping her wounds and sweat away. Salem smiles slightly, a pleasant memory surfacing at the scene. She speaks to you quietly and with a motherly tone.

Salem: You really care for Cinder, do you not?

Y/N: Of course I do. I've looked out for her as long as I could, keeping her safe from threats. I protected her during the fall of Beacon, during the attack on Mantle, and during her time at Atlas. I nearly failed this time, but now that she's here, I trust you to keep her safe.

Salem: And what about you?

Y/N: I'm not fit to continue doing this. Besides, she has people to rely on here. She could find herself someone to fill my role as her protector easily. And someone to share her heart with too. I can't ever replace her there, but I can't make her happy any longer. Should you ever need me Salem, you need only open a portal to me and send someone through.

Salem: And there is no way for me to change your mind? To get you to stay?

Y/N: Only she could. But she won't. I'm at your service, but I will be leaving now.

Salem hands you something similar to a coin and nods.

Salem: Then should you ever need us, press that button right there. I will send reinforcements to your location.

Y/N: It's been an honor milady

You stand up and leave, passing by everyone who had your discussion. No one, not even Tyrian, dared to stop you. All of them had grown quite close to you, and were saddened to see you go, but they didn't question your loyalty and didn't try to stop you. You head out the front gate and stop in front of a portal, sighing. You glance at the coin and pocket it before taking a step forward. As you made it halfway through the portal, two hands grab you and weakly pull you back. You face your surprise compatriot, expect possibly Emerald, only to be met with the teary eyed face of Cinder who was obviously winded from sprinting. You glance up to see Salem smiling ever so slightly, and realize she must have relayed your conversation and decision to Cinder.

Y/N: Cinder, I'll still be on call. I'm not leaving Salem's side for theirs.

Cinder: And you think that's what bothers me!? That you might have left us as a group!? That isn't it at all! It's because you were about to leave me, without so much as a word! How dare you try to do that to me?! After all I've done for you!

Y/N: All...you've done for me?

Cinder: I brought down Beacon! I destroyed Mantle! I infiltrated Atlas and gained these powers! All for you, because those girls broke your heart! Because those boys, those professors, looked down on you! How dare you try to leave me when you haven't even given me a chance to tell you I love you!?

You stand shocked, unaware of everyone else watching silently now. With no other way to respond, you wrap your arms around her and rest your head on her shoulder. You slightly smile and whisper in her ear.

Y/N: You're right. How dare I? I shouldn't have tried to leave you. I promise I'll stay. I won't do this again. I'll keep by your side, because I love you too Cinder.

Cinder squeezes you tighter as you continue to hold her, letting all of her emotions pour out for once. She cries in happiness as Salem looks on in approval, and you glance towards Watts, who had become your best friend, and all he does is give a smile and subtle nod.

Y/N: Just let it out Cinder. Let everything out. Because for now on...I swear to be by your side.